IGNORED

My Swing (NoShanks78)

NoShanks78
Note: This thread is 3055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Off and on for 5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: In the process of establishing one, but if I had to guess 10-15
My typical ball flight is: Fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat shot

Hi Guys,

I have been a long time voyeur of many members swings on this forum and have learned a lot from you all (Thanks!) and now intend to participate more through this forum. I've already signed up from Evlovr and have had a few adjustments that have been major improvements. Below is where I'm currently at (video is of a 9 iron swing). I like to think that I have come a long way from my god awful slice and OTT move but also realize I have a long way to go. I appreciate any feedback you guys can provide. 

A bit of what I have been working on recently:

- Changed my grip from strong to neutral - Huge improvement in consistent strikes.

- Trying to stay in the shot more and not early extend, resulting in a better swing path (flatter), or at least it feels that way. I still think the below shows some early extension if you draw a line along the the backside, but its on my radar and is a big swing thought at the moment.

- My new neutral grip is not working for my driver and have reverted back to a strong grip fro driver only. I'll plan on getting a video of my driver swing up next for feedback as I'm sure its flawed. 

Thanks again guys!

-Mike

Videos: 

Edited by NoShanks78
Upload wrong file type

Welcome to the Forum! 

You have little to no hip turn. This causes you to sway, though you do a decent job not letting your head move around. This also limits your power greatly you are not gaining depth with the hands through a proper turn. 

Notice how much knee flex you have in the image below. Also note how much you moved away from that red line (your initial left hip position at address).  You need to turn more around your spine angle at address. 

A3.5.JPG.c092a3d5e39b338fac9db2a25fc6f18

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really appreciate the insight Saevel. Will work on this and upload a new post. Question: When you said notice how much knee flex, are you saying that I should have less? Or that the knee should kick in as would happen with a better hip turn? 

Thanks again!

Take a look at this thread ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!