IGNORED

My Swing (Firefighter163)

firefighter163
Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been studying the 5 simple keys for over a year . I have improved my ballstriking tremendously by reading and trying things the awesome guys from this site recommend to others . I remember reading a thread about earning your keep before posting one of these threads . I also come from a profession where the new guy can learn more by sitting back and watching and listening to the more experienced guys . And that is exactly what I have done on this site . I would like to get some opinions on my swing now . I will get some better videos of multiple clubs in a few days . 

I wish I had videos of my swing in late 2014 when I started reading here . I started with a complete rebuild that winter and in the spring of last year I almost gave it up and went back to my "baseball/over the top" swing . I developed the shanks , which I'm sure is common when undergoing a complete swing change , but I don't like losing to my buddies . I stuck with it and I can honestly say I'm striking the ball better than I ever have . 

I've been Playing Golf for: 9 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 7ish depending on the time of year
My typical ball flight is: straight/draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hook 

Videos: 

[        

Hi @firefighter163, good to hear your game is headed in the right direction. I'd focus on a couple things. In the future try to post a swing where you're hitting a ball, even a whiffle ball or something.

- Turn your feet out at address, it will "anchor" the left knee a little on the backswing, right now it rotates inward too much. Will also help you get more weight forward on the downswing. 

- Work the left hip "down" longer on the backswing but feel like the chest points towards the ground as you do it. Currently the head is moving towards the target with you kind of "leaning" on your left side at the top.

56e0ff7f3fe47_ScreenShot2016-03-09at9.00

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you , I will change my stance immediately . Any drills you can recommend to work on fixing the leaning problem ?

I know exactly how I developed this habit . I was having problems getting weight forward and saw a drill where you hit balls at the driving range while consciously holding your right toes off the ground . I hit them so well that day I literally started playing rounds of golf doing the same thing . 

15 hours ago, firefighter163 said:

Any drills you can recommend to work on fixing the leaning problem ?

- Rehearse it in a mirror with a piece of tape on the mirror where you head is.

- Rehearse it slowly and film it.

- Have a buddy hold a club against the left side your your head.

- This

- This

Basically the idea to to do these drills to create some feels you can take with you when you go and practice. It's very important to keep filming so you can track how your feels are translating into the real motion.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!