IGNORED

My Swing (Brandon89)

Brandon89
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years or so
My current handicap index or average score is: 17
My typical ball flight is: high fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push/fat/slice

I have been struggling with consistency for the past couple of years. The stellar ball flight on this shot is a prime example of when I think my swing is fine, then its either skulled, shanked, pushed/pulled, or the divot goes farther than the ball. On any given weekend I could shoot an 84 or a 95. I use to way over-swing and have been working on that lately. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also - this video was shot using the slo-mo feature on my phone so going to settings->speed->0.25 on the video below is still decent quality.

Videos: 

Welcome to The Sand Trap @Brandon89!'

First thing I would look at is the posture. You have a bit of a curve in your lower back and your looking down the bridge of your nose at the ball. Get a bit more relaxed in the upper back. 

Second, I would be mindful of your camera angles. It's better to position the camera about thigh height looking down your toe-line not the target line. 

You are basically all arms. I would work on making a better centered turn. You need to allow your hips to rotate better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yup. looks all arms and no body to me. strike will be very unpredictable when you're relying so much on hand eye coordination and timing.

good drill i do to get my arms in sync with my body and get me turning more is put a ball between my elbows and hit these little half swings with very passive hands. Ball will force you to stay connected and keep the width in your swing, which will get you rotating better.

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

yup. looks all arms and no body to me. strike will be very unpredictable when you're relying so much on hand eye coordination and timing.

good drill i do to get my arms in sync with my body and get me turning more is put a ball between my elbows and hit these little half swings with very passive hands. Ball will force you to stay connected and keep the width in your swing, which will get you rotating better.

Yeah I think that is the result of trying too hard to tighten up my swing. I can see how it would cause inconsistency. 

What type of ball do you use for this drill? Know of any instructional vids for it?

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!