• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 8:  Practiced chipping at the park in the deeper grass and sand areas. 
    • Day 91 (1 Aug 24) - midday round with son and grandson and it was hot and humid, heat index over 100.  A lot of words to say “icky sticky”.  Struggled with consistent ball contact.  Best shot of the day - 90yds out on par 5 13th, laying two hitting third.  Indi 50 deg GW delivers pin high left less than 2’ from the pin.  My son shakes his head.  Overall despite the heat and humidity, an enjoyable round.  
    • Grant has a ton of videos with Bryson. Most of them they are playing against each other. Only ever for fun/bragging rights, and not for wearing a particular pair of pants in the Open. There is one with Bryson playing with three clubs, one with thrift store clubs and one that was exactly what Grant did with Phil. 18 holes with Grant starting -5.   
    • Shot a 5 over 40. If I just aimed my driver neutral (down the middle), I probably shoot better I was trying to hit a slight cut all night and just kept hitting straight shots or straight draws (slight toe strikes). I was out of position a bit. I am overdoing it a bit on my piece since I was overdrawing the irons on a few strikes. Which is good that I can over do it. I just need to tone it back. I hit two great slinging draws from the trees 😉. 
    • No, but higher than 66th, yes. 😄  Thank you for exposing your bad takes on golf course architecture. Seeing this makes it much easier to ignore anything you have to say about GCA. 🤣 (Said teasingly, but also with meaning.) Now, and again, please: back to the topic. Turnberry, as DT said, is not and was not ever rated as the best course in the world. He's full of crap.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...