IGNORED

My Swing (jackrololo)

jackrolorolo
Note: This thread is 2896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: :S
My current handicap index or average score is: 10
My typical ball flight is: draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push and push fade

working on:

- staying down during downswing

- open hips at impact

my swing looks really awkward right after impact. it seems like the sequencing is off between my lower body turn, upper body turn and my hands. looks as if my hands follow the body instead of releasing.

can anyone help me with this? thanks.

Videos: 

Edited by jackrolorolo

(edited)

got up a bit on this swing but can you guys tell me if i am holding enough lag or casting, and if i am releasing the club properly? looks really awkward after impact

Edited by jackrolorolo

Welcome to the forum @jackrolorolo!  From the down-the-line view, your swing looks pretty good. The face on view shows you may want to get your hips to move a bit more forward during the downswing. This will help the path come slightly more from the inside. The Key 2 videos in the thread below will help.

You have excellent flexibility, which I am jealous of!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
12 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Welcome to the forum @jackrolorolo!  From the down-the-line view, your swing looks pretty good. The face on view shows you may want to get your hips to move a bit more forward during the downswing. This will help the path come slightly more from the inside. The Key 2 videos in the thread below will help.

You have excellent flexibility, which I am jealous of!

thanks for the tip

but i used to slide a lot to the left in the downswing and went under the plane causing hooks, push shots and fat shots so i am trying to put in less slide and more turn

what do you think? less slide and more turn also helps with clearing the hips more at impact doesnt it?

Edited by jackrolorolo

11 hours ago, jackrolorolo said:

thanks for the tip

but i used to slide a lot to the left in the downswing and went under the plane causing hooks, push shots and fat shots so i am trying to put in less slide and more turn

what do you think? less slide and more turn also helps with clearing the hips more at impact doesnt it?

More expert eyes would help, but less slide leaves less room for the right elbow and can cause an over-the-top issue. That is what happened with me. I don't think you need much more, just a bit more.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
(edited)

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 yrs
My current handicap index or average score is: teens
My typical ball flight is: draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push and hooks

i cant seem to get a steep enough shoulder plane the downswing.

my downswing shoulder plane is so flat that even when i come from the inside, i end up blocking the ball because my clubface is too open.

when i try to intentionally make my downswing steeper, i end up hitting it fat.- however when i do miraculously get the shoulders steep in the downswing without hitting it fat i hit perfect high draws...however, im not suire how to diagnosis what the problem is to get it consistently steep without fatting it.

i can hit irons very well but the problem is only with my driver.

any advice? if you look at hiroshi iwata's swing i posted, you can see how vertical his swing plane is halfway into his follow through.

Videos: 

Edited by jackrolorolo

• billchao changed the title to My Swing (jackrololo)
Note: This thread is 2896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!