IGNORED

Leupold Releases GX-1i3 and GX-2i3

Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

There's another thread here for the GX-5i3, but these came in a separate press release much later, and I don't want to bury it at the bottom of that topic…

New Leupold® GX®-1i3 and GX®-2i3
Golf Rangefinders Feature New Ergonomic Design 

BEAVERTON, Ore. — New GX®-1i3 and GX®-2i3 golf rangefinders from Leupold® feature a sleek, new ergonomic design that makes them easy and comfortable to hold in the palm of a hand.

Both models offer Leupold’s high-performance DNA® (Digitally eNhanced Accuracy) engine and an advanced infrared laser that deliver faster measurements with increased accuracy that is superior to GPS devices. New PinHunter™ 3 Laser Technology increases the pulse rate and as a result, the GX rangefinder ignores user movement to quickly identify and lock onto the flag or pin for extremely precise and fast target acquisition.

“Golfers will appreciate the look, feel and handling of these new rangefinders,” said Rob Morrison, vice president, global marketing for Leupold & Stevens, Inc. “They have all the distance, speed and accuracy to help take any golfer’s game to the next level and with the GX-2i3, you have customization features that make it like a personal caddie who really knows your game and can take the measure of any course.”

GX-1i3 provides line-of-sight distance measurement only and is tournament legal. Tournament use of GX-2i3 is permitted under the Rules of Golf when a Local Rule is in effect (see USGA Decision 14-3/0.5) and the True Golf Range™ (TGR®) and Club Selector™ features are disabled. Using a custom algorithm that no other rangefinder has, TGR allows golfers to compensate for uphill shots that play long and downhill shots that play short.

With the TGR and Club Selector features, GX-2i3 takes customization to an elite level by providing ranging information and club recommendations matched to the slope of the shot, atmospheric conditions and a golfer’s personal hitting strength. TGR displays the adjusted “plays like” range, calculated from the laser-measured line-of-sight distance, incline or decline, trajectory of the ball, current temperature, and specific altitude. Club Selector factors in the golfer’s specific hitting strength and TGR to the target, automatically recommending the proper club for each shot. Users simply input their personal striking distance for three specific clubs and the GX-2i3 does the rest, even indicating when the distance falls between clubs.

Other key features for both GX-1i3 and GX-2i3 include audible Prism Lock Technology™ that allows golfers, including those with unsteady hands, to get their distances easily, quickly and with extreme accuracy when a course is outfitted with reflective prisms. Maximum ranging distance on prisms is 700 yards.

Both models also offer Fog Mode to cut through mist and provide fast, accurate distance measurements. Each has 6X magnification and a one-touch scan mode that allows users to sweep the landscape while continuously measuring distance. Golfers can select from seven aiming reticles for each model, choosing the one that works best for the intended target and usage. Multi-coated lenses deliver a crystal-clear image.

GX-1i3 and GX-2i3 are compact, weighing just 6.8 ounces, and measuring only 4.0 inches long, 2.5 inches high and 1.5 inches wide. GX-2i3 has a black LCD display for high contrast and clarity. Distance can be displayed in yards or meters.

Both models are built to Leupold’s exacting standards for ruggedness. They are waterproof and covered by the Leupold Limited 5-Year Electronics Warranty. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $374.99 for GX-1i3 and $414.99 for GX-2i3.GX-1i3_Angle.jpgGX-2i3_Angle.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!