IGNORED

Gamed the Snell MTB

Note: This thread is 2552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tee'd up the Snell MTB for the first time a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. First off - for a long time I've been a hack. Recently decided to reapply myself to improving my game so there's a lot of transition going on. In that change I found myself waffling around about what ball I'd want to play. Do I stick with the rocks I've always played? Can I drive a tour-type ball? In my transition phase I've gotten different kinds of balls to do all kinds of crazy stuff on the course: ballooning waaaay up in the sky, curving from one side of the fairway to the other (either way), etc. Anyway, historically I've been a guy who is a decent driver of the ball with modest distance - 220 to 250 or so yards. First tee shot with the MTB was on a short par 4, 309 yards. I had a 15 yard pitch to the center of the green for a birdie put (big smile from my son). Had the best driving round ever, averaging about 265-270. I was surprised by that. This ball really goes. It felt great on my many short approach shots. Did what I asked it to do, even if I asked it to do the wrong thing - like end up short, haha. I did see some roll out when I hit the greens but, as I mentioned, I was often hitting very short approach shots, so I'm guessing that was a factor, and I still have plenty to learn. I did hit a couple 3-woods off the fairway and, once again, the ball really covered some real estate. We were playing in a lot of wind and the ball really seemed unaffected compared to balls I've played in the past. Ball from my past? - Titleist Velocity, TM Project(a), TM Burner Pro, and a couple others. The Project(a) is a fine ball, albeit a tad short off the tee when I played it. I always, overall, liked how the Velocity played - a little less rock-like for me than for most others, I think. Will be working through the rest of my Project(a)s and then will probably just keep stuffing my bag with the MTB. Like I said, lots of transition in my game, so it was exciting to have a ball perform like this for me.

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

Note: This thread is 2552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!