IGNORED

Trophies

iacas
Note: This thread is 6813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Howdy, y'all. Here's the deal...

This fall the Sand Trap staff is going to get together for a Ryder Cup-like tournament. Next year we hope to invite some guests (i.e. readers and forum members) to play, expenses paid.

We don't yet have a name for the event ("Trapper Cup" or "Sandy Cup" are being tossed about, but I've recently started to dislike them as being pretty silly and bland), but I am looking for a trophy.

I've looked on eBay. There are some okay trophies there. I've looked at crownawards.com (too cheap and ugly) and at silvertrohy.com (a tad on the pricy side, maybe). I've got a budget of about $250.

Ideally, the trophy would be something pretty simple - like all three of the majors that give out trophies. They may be nicely decorated, but the general shape of the trophy is pretty plain. I don't want a cheesy looking or gaudy trophy.

Size? About 14" or so should be good, maybe a bit more.

If the trophy was completely unique (like this one here ), that'd be fine too. Maybe the name of the event could even come from the trophy.

So I've run out of ideas and places to look. What do you think would be a good trophy? Where can I get one? What will it cost? I'm willing to buy trophies from someone here on the forum if they have something that would work, or if they know where I can get one, or if they can make one... Or I'm just looking for suggestions.

The trophy, btw, is for the winning team. Each member will receive a medal (gold or silver) for themselves. The trophy itself will be passed along year to year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I think maybe we'll give something like this a try:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've actually been looking for the same kind of thing. I'm looking at crystal vases though since the award will be for primarily women volunteers in a Jr. Golf program. Here are some links to specific vases but if you go to the home pages, they offer many different awards.

http://www.pacificglass.com/Catalog/...l_Vase_334.htm

http://www.pacificglass.com/Catalog/...l_Vase_340.htm

http://www.recognitionsource.com/209-20241.html

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/customgo...r10hfofov.html
Blog: www.moregolf4less.com

What's in my Bag

Driver: Titleist 983K3 wood: Mizuno1 Iron: Hogan Apex2-P: 1981 Titleist Tour ModelSW: Wilson Dynapower - 1971/72 RemakePutter: Hogan Bettinardi BB-12

Note: This thread is 6813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!