IGNORED

Cobra Torque Wrench Confusion

Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I purchased two King F7 fairway woods from separate suppliers and received torque wrenches which look identical with both being black with Cobra on top, however, one is totally molded from the top down to the screw while the top of the other one can be separated from the rest of the body and in fact was lightly raised when received so I had to push/snap it back into place- you can still see a seam where the two parts are joined.  Also the tip of the first/totally molded one is narrower and blunter.

Any info on why these two these wrenches are different and/or which fairway woods they were designed for would be appreciated.

Edited by JMMSELECT
Unnecessary word eliminated

Welcome to TST.   

My old  driver, 3W and 5W are Cobra.   Sometime between 2012 and now they went from their propriety tool to the industry standard.    You may have one of each.       Load up a pic of each, it would be beneficial.

Do they both work on the clubs you purchased?  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Denny, thanks very much for your reply.  I did send an inquiry to Cobra and the individual who replied indicated they have only produced two wrenches- a white one (Grey top) and a black one and that the white one was for the F6, however, I also have the white one and it came with my Cobra Fly Z+ so I don't think I can rely on his response.  He could only suggest I use the fully molded one as he is not aware of one being produced in two pieces.  I have refrained  from using either as I didn't want to strip the screws, but, did insert both and was surprised how loosely they fitted. Without further assurance of which one is the correct one I will use the fully molded one and if any issues arise I will investigate further. 

• 1 year later...

All the earlier cobra wrenches were Torx T20 but when they went to industry standard at T25 any torque wrench from Callaway Nike Taylormade Titleist Adams will fit and be perfectly okay its only Bio-Cell and backwards that use the T20 if your still not sure just try any of your golfing buddies torque wrenches from the ones I mentioned and then you can be sure of a proper fit.

Note: This thread is 1512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now