IGNORED

Project X vrs. Dynamic Gold

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Between the Project X and Dynamic Gold (Both stiff (5.5 / S300)) which would you recommend and why?

I am going to buy some new Mizuno's (either 57's or 60's) and want to know what the advantages of each are.

Thanks!

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

I'm at a toss-up myself, but went with Project X 6.0 on the X-Forged I have on the way.

In the current set I'm using, I had S300s but switched them out for plain old Rifle 5.5. I don't really like these Rifles all that much and was considering putting the the S300s back in, but, like I mention I got new clubs on the way.

My buddy has the Project X 5.5 in his AP2 and I've tried a few swing with them, probably not enough to give you a worthy opinion. But they had a solid solid feel to them. By solid I mean that the shaft felt like one piece, no noticeable "kick-point". They also had a nice feel of weight to them.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Between the Project X and Dynamic Gold (Both stiff (5.5 / S300)) which would you recommend and why?

You must try both shafts to make a choice.... the rifles feel very different due to where the weight is in the shaft.

I went with TT prurely based on feel.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

I'm just adding the low irons (8I, 9I, PW) to my set of X-18's, and went with the True Temper. I wanted them to be more consistent with my 52 degree wedge, which is a Vokey with the DGS300.

I hit the Project X and liked them. I think they can both work. Commit to one and enjoy it.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

i was told the project x is lighter and may cause the ball to balloon a bit. Dynamic golds will give you a more true boreing shots. I understand most pro's opt for the DG shafts since they need no help getting the ball into the air.

I play the Project x 6.0 on my x-forged. Thus far, I do notice the ballooning ball when i go after a shot hard. When i do a smooth easy swing, i get lower, piercing shots, which I prefer.

I have ProjectX 5.5 on my MP67s and I used to have the DG s300 in my TM V-steel 3w. Now granted one are irons and the other is a wood but I also have the DG s300 in my wedges and for me the DG are a bit too head heavy feeling and make it feel like the club is a but too tip active for me.

The ProjectX is a very nice shaft, solid and balanced with good feedback, I would pick them again over the DG. Low irons don't feel whippy and the high irons don't feel too stiff - 5i or 8i they both feel the same.

Heard the same balooning rumor about Project X. My old rifles produce a nice trajectory, possibly a little too high when I get after it.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

The 57 is a different iron than the 60, so that may be a factor. IMO, you should have whomever you're going to, give you both irons with both shafts. You can then demo and find the best combination of shaft/iron.

FWIW, I've used both and the Project X has a considerably higher ball flight.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Hi Guys, Seems the Project X debate is raging across the internet and I'm now jumping on board.

Currently I'm playing Ping i3 blades with JZ stiff shafts. However, it's time for a change. A couple of days back, I got fitted for a set of Mizuno MP57, and simply can't wait to get them ordered.

The fitter prescribed 0.5" longer, i deg upright and Project X in 5.0 flex, which admittedly felt pretty damn good / stable. The fitter also mentioned that my 6 iron swing speed was averaging 78-80mph and although this is closer to the 5.5 flex, he recommended the 5.0 flex as I have a very smooth tempo.

Though the 5.0 felt good, I still have that little nagging doubt that maybe I should err towards the 5.5 flex and the rifle website tends to agree with this (see below), given my 6 iron club head speed and distance which is around 170yds.

Any advice from any PX users, especially those with 'similar' stats to me would be appreciated - I can't afford to order the wrong shafts and pay for replacements later!

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

i was told the project x is lighter and may cause the ball to balloon a bit. Dynamic golds will give you a more true boreing shots. I understand most pro's opt for the DG shafts since they need no help getting the ball into the air.

The PX shafts may be a bit lighter than the DG shafts, but they are a lower spin shaft with higher launch. So the ball starts out higher, but generally has a more penetrating ball flight since there is less spin.

One of the reasons I switched to PX was to cut down on DG ballooning...it seems to have worked S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

I will go for Project X over DG. I used DG for a while. When I first tried Project X 5.5, I can see the different. It gave you good feeling that you have never feel from boring DG.

I'm a Dynamic Gold type of guy personally. I just never liked the feel of the rifle shafts. I don't know, just me. It's all opinion.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!