IGNORED

Wilson Pro Staff or Top Flite XL?

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking at the above mentioned (complete) sets. They are comparably priced.

I'm pretty new to the game, but I would think the Wilson is a better set than the TF, but then I saw that Callaway owns Top Flite, so they may get the nod.

Thoughts? Or another set worth looking at in the same price range ($300+/-)

Everyone on this board that has Wilson clubs loves them. I have no personal experience with either.....but that alone would sway me to the Wilsons. What store are you looking at purchasing them at? Will they let you try them first?

Definetely the Wilsons. I have a few of their clubs and they are really nice. Don't generally care for Top Flite products, but that's just me.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

Thanks for the input, guys. I was leaning that way myself. To be honest, I'm looking for a set for my wife - to replace her old Spaldings. I posted a similar message that stated it was Ladies set, and got no responses, so I figured I'd just ask about the manufacturers themselves, rather than gender specific.

Anyway, I did just start and have a set of Wilson Deep Reds, and have been told that's a great set to start with, so I was leaning towards Wilson.

To answer the questions,
I'm considering getting them from The Golf Warehouse. If anybody else has any other places to suggest, I'm all ears.

You could also get a complete set from Golfsmith. Don't know if they have any ladies sets but you could get her a regular or seinor flex set and have them fitted.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

you should just buy a preowned set of ebay of good qaulity ladys clubs such as the taylormade micela, or the callaway gems, and the mizuno tava they will tun you about 300 to 400$

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

obsessedgolfer, I would consider that, and I understand the benefit, but since it's a birthday gift, I don't want to give her a used set.

drtbk933, thanks for the Golfsmith suggestion. They also have the Ladies Pro Staff. There is a location pretty close to me, so that's also another possibility.

Wilsons. I just ordered the Ci6's...I'll post a review when I use them.

Rockbottom, ebay, tgw, golfsmith, golf galaxy...
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!