• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maxfli Tour Fire

2 posts in this topic

I really liked these balls alot. These were the best ones for the money in my opinion. Just curious if anyone knew of a good replacement ball that is very similar to the Maxfli Tour Fire.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If you like Maxfli balls, Dicks Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy still sell them... they have the U series which is a urethane covered ball with the U/6 being their newest (it's a six layer ball). I've played the U/4 and really liked it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Back pain/Back stiffness during a round?
      By saevel25 · Posted
      Just don't go overboard on them. Build up first. In some cases I think upping your abdominal strength first is a good idea. I hate to see someone go try 100+ lb deadlifts on the first go. Don't want anyone to end up like this.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71vZU13uow0

• Do you carry the Rules of Golf with you when you play?
      By Mike Boatright · Posted
      I play by the rules 99.9 % of the time. I play it down except when it's plugged and I don't play out of bounds,but on my home course there is no out o bounds. Trust me I play real golf I hit it and hit it again that's golf. I do take relief from sand filled divots in the fairway because that's the way it should be.
    • Joost Luiten
      By Silent · Posted
      Another round below par (-2) and just outside the top 10 for now. At least in a good position for the weekend. A little bit too many bogeys (3) to go really low.
    • Am I heading in the right direction finding my own swing?
      By saevel25 · Posted
      Almost no one performs a drill with 100% accuracy. Honestly any typical golfing drill is not good if it's not meant for the golfer to actually improve their swing in the direction they want to improve it. If you take a standard "Golf Digest" golf drill and just doing mindlessly it will probably not help you. If you go and see a good instructor who knows what you need to work on and gives you a drill that will change your swing for the better than that drill will work if you do it correctly. 

As for grooving a feel into the swing. Drills are awesome for that if done right and if they meant for your swing. 
        Furyk is a special case. Furyk is a good case just to show that the backswing doesn't matter if it's consistent to the point it gets you in a good spot in the downswing. 

Also, Zach Johnson works with Mike Bender. I think Mike just doesn't change how Zach's swing looks because it works. I am sure Zach has tinkered with some finer points to get a tad more consistent. 

Ben Hogan was his own golf instructor and an outlier. If you don't have the skill like Hogan did then you will be a poor golfer trying to get better only by yourself.  Not particularly how I would go about learning a swing. What would this serve in terms of building a swing? What consistent movement are you trying to develop that lets you come back to the ball with a non-extreme swing path and with clubface control? Honestly I can't see how this would promote a consistent swing. From I am getting at is you want to hinge early, hold the hinge through out the turn then right?  Ok this makes a bit more sense. Pre-set drills are good for trying to get impact. They really don't teach you much of anything else. When you go back to a normal swing you might have improved your weight forward and how your hips move into impact but you still probably have a bad backswing. It depends on your priority piece. If your backswing is causing issues for your downswing then a pre-set drill is not the way to go. In the end it's best to find a good instructor that can figure out what you need to improve on and what to leave a lone. 
    • When am i ready to start playing the longer courses
      By Lihu · Posted
      There shouldn't be anything intimidating about playing a regulation course. You could start off on the forward tees, and work your way back whenever you feel comfortable. You can even move back on random feel good holes while playing the rest forward. Don't worry too much, just keep pace of play up and no one will complain. . .
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries