With the announcement of the recent Site Award Winners, I wanted to highlight our Tagging feature, which is an easy way to win one of these cool badges. It's easy because only one member other than Erik and I used this feature last month!
Tags allow information from around the community to be aggregated together. They are labels that can be added to forum posts or Wiki articles to tie pieces of content together to make relevant information easier to find. You can also subscribe to Tags, to make sure you stay updated with with your favorite topics.
- Navigate to the forum thread or Wiki article that you would like to tag. In the right hand column, you will see the "Add/Remove Tags" button in the "Tags" section.
- Click the "Add/Remove Tags" button.
- The Tag tool will appear. The default setting allows you to use the Autocomplete tool to find your desired tags. Simply start typing the topics below and a related tag will appear.
- Select tags from the list by clicking on them. They will appear in your Queue.
- When you are satisfied with your selection, click "Submit" Your tags will not be added until you click to save.
If you are interested in a particular topic, you might consider subscribing to a tag related to the topic. You will be alerted when something is tagged with that topic. These subscriptions work in the same way as a subscription to a Product or a Wiki or a forum thread.
- Navigate to one of the following pages listed below
- At the top of the page, toward the right hand side, you will see the "Subscribe to this Tag" button.