Downloaded the instructions from Etsy. Getting ahead of myself though, still learning the basics of knitting, casting on, knit stitch, so this is gonna take awhile, will post progress here. My Jan Craighead cover is in its last days, and always wanted to make my own. Now that I know a little more about knitting, I see how good the quality of Jan Craighead covers are. None of the free patterns out there look as good. Another thing doing it myself is I can make the covers extra long, because most
I got reading glasses, well, progressive lenses, put it off as long as I possibly could, can make due with regular glasses, but easier at the computer and duh, reading, with these. Turning my head from left to right and right to left and everything is warping. I guess sooner or later, I'm gonna be the guy with the glasses in the straps hanging from my neck, and tilting my head down, looking at people when I talk.
I like watching landings because I like experiencing the prop blast of wind. What can I say? Didn't stick around to see who came out. It looks like I'm holding the camera steady during high frame rate, but that wind is blowing around my arms pretty good.
Went to Montreal's two well known bagel shops a couple of times. St Viateur and Fairmount. Although I've had Montreal style bagels at Black Seed Bagels in NY, wanted the real thing. Not religious about which is better, they are different. Montreal bagels are crunchier on the outside, more dense on the inside, a bit smaller, a big plus for me, cheaper, and there are some interesting types - rosemary for one. I'm not sure what seedless was. Nonetheless, I really liked them, but they're different f
Rewatching Band of Brothers, there's this scene where a CO says "Channel is socked in. No jump tonight!". Having seen BoB so many times, never bothered to look up "socked in". In context, knowing the situation, Operation Overlord, you just easily guessed D-Day was postponed because weather. But this time, I actually looked up "socked in".
Am by no means artistic, but I have fun making up t-shirts when an idea percolates. This one is in tribute to Jonny Greenwood, who recently scored Phantom Thread. The repeating note is from one of the themes used in the movie.
I thought this one would sell, but alas, no takers.
4K/HDR is better than I thought it would be.
Usually an earlier adopter regarding things tech so late to the 4K train, didn't think it would be that much of an improvement, but beginning to see more of a difference than when in the store, looking at different TVs. When you're at home, rewatching the shows you're used to seeing in HD, that's the better distinguisher. It helped that the new screen is bigger too, going to 65 from 50. Could have bought earlier, but saved a ton waiting a bit, go
Some of this is obvious for experienced players, I'll list them anyway for the benefit of those starting out. Will add as I learn/discover more.
Duh, camera angles are very important. You probably know this already, but will mention it anyway. Always bring an alignment stick, which will make pointing your camera much easier.
You may hit a cr@p shot, but video may redeem you by showing you you actually did what your instructor advised. That's a good thing, you're changing the
Not crazy about how it was named the Mario Cuomo Bridge (passed in wee hours in secret by his son), but official opening is tomorrow, in my mind, it'll be the new Tappan Zee Bridge. Maybe the Nyack - Tarrytown bridge?
Other than the flag stick rule change, I have not seen much difference in the rounds I played last year.
Some folks still like removing the flag stick. Most leave it in.
I saw no difference in pace of play. 95% of my rounds were played at what I thought was a satifactory pace. The other 5%, I didn't really worry about.
I read the new rules, and played with in them to the best of my knowlege. As for the golfers I met up with, I just let them do their own thing. Most were pretty