IGNORED

winter coping tips

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

living in pittsburgh pa we are on the final most torturous strech of winter. i was just wondering what you guys do to cope with the winter months. (playing in 32 degree weather does not count)

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I go to a golf dome for practice and bowling. I also putt and chip at home on the carpet but I do that all year long.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

when you chip at home do you use foam balls because that is what i do. the cool part about it is the spin is so exagerated so i can work and spin the ball like crazy in the comfort of my basement

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

I putt and chip around the living room during the winter. When chipping, I'll try to chip a ball into a couch, or something. And believe me, trying to chip off my threadbare carpet is one steep learning curve - I still skull the hell out of it a third of the time, or more.

Or I'll take a trip to the nearest Golf Galaxy or Golf Exchange and just well...hang out there for an hour or two trying out all the stuff. I'm on first name basis with all the guys at Golf Galaxy by now so, yeah...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I learned to bounce a ball on a club. It's really helped with hitting balls too. Really it's not as impossible as it seems. Also you see real quickly exactly where the sweet spot is and how big it is. Plus it really freaks out the group on the green while you're waiting to tee off and is lots of fun looking at the look on salespersons faces trying out different wedges in a store.

My best so far is 42 on a PW and 14 on a driver-hand gets tired but it's improving.

Tiger Woods on Playstation helps pass the time somewhat until weather gets at least into the 40's.

In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

i also hit foam balls into my bedroom wall and my new camera can take videos of my swing and the best part about the camera is that you can make it go in slow motion like the the swingvision on the pga tour

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

I am really starting to get the itch, but unfortunately I will still have to wait about two more months. To pass the time a practice putting in the house and hit up the indoor range occasionally.

In the Grom Bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* Aldila NV Stiff
3 Wood: 904F 15* Stock Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Idea Pro Hybrid 18* Aldila VS ProtoIrons: PI5 4-PWWedges: CG11 52* Rac TP 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: XG #9

Note: This thread is 5915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!