IGNORED

Taylormade Burner - which shaft?

hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never thought i'd like this club....had a lend of one for last few days..still think it's ugly as muck...but it'll be finding it's way into the bag if I can decide on a shaft!

I've tried:

TP with blue Aldila shaft (not sure on the specs)
TP with 50g TM Burner Fast shaft, stiff
non-TP with 50g TM Burner Fast shaft, stiff

I prefer the non-TP with 50g but would like to try it with a heavier shaft.

Any opinions on the shafts? Or any alternatives?

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

if you are buying it new i suggest ordering 1 inch shorter because the shafts on everthing on the burner line are 1 inch longer than the other clubs on the market

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

that's what i've heard yeah - and i noticed it too when hitting it. It didn't bother me that much but i'd probably prefer something around 44 inches for better accuracy.

i'll try out what i can - and see if it makes a big difference.

thanks mate!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

How heavy do you want you shaft, and what characteristics do you want? High kick point? Low kick point?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

65g is the heaviest i'd go for - i've tried 75 REAX TP and 73 Diamana - couldn't control them

high kick point - i don't think any sort of X shaft or TP torque would suit me. Mid tip stiff i'd say.

The Assistant Pro said he'd order one in in 65g - I'm going to hit the 50g at my next lesson and see what the Pro thinks.

WEAPONS:

if you are buying it new i suggest ordering 1 inch shorter because the shafts on everthing on the burner line are 1 inch longer than the other clubs on the market

I think the tp model shafts are 45.5 inches, whereas the regular burner shafts are 46. I have the tp 65g stiff w/ a non-tp burner head and I like it a lot.

In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

Mabe I am missing the point but isnt the burner the bombers verson of a driver? It has a draw bias lighter shaft, lighter grip, longer shaft, all to increase speed and distance. If you buy one then put a heavier shaft and shorter shaft into it why dont you just buy an R7 or some other driver?

love the burner.. the tp verison come swith a good shaft already. reax by fujikura.. if that is what you had with it. suggest like someone posted- have it play at 45'' to start with.. more comntrol and with a hevier 65+ gram shaft - best for a nice swing weight. now i now have the matrix code 6 in the burner tp 9.5, opened 1.5* at 44.75 and she is my baby now. will be a keeper--most of 07 in play and starting 08 right now.

I think the tp model shafts are 45.5 inches, whereas the regular burner shafts are 46. I have the tp 65g stiff w/ a non-tp burner head and I like it a lot.

how do you find the Draw version? I've never hit it (but have tried draw bias in my 425)

Mabe I am missing the point but isnt the burner the bombers verson of a driver? It has a draw bias lighter shaft, lighter grip, longer shaft, all to increase speed and distance. If you buy one then put a heavier shaft and shorter shaft into it why dont you just buy an R7 or some other driver?

yep i hear what you're saying - not sure about the draw bias (they have a different draw bias version though). I have a R7 425. I've tried the R7 Superquad, 460, 460 Draw, Quad - all of the R7 series - the Burner (for me) is the most forgiving.

I don't have a problem with distance - my club pro says my own driver has too much loft for me and suggested trying something lower/stiffer. I tried the Burner - i like it. I'm just looking for the correct shaft for me. In other words - i like the club head but the shaft may not be right for me

WEAPONS:

If your just looking for a lower trajectory why dont you try the aldila NV I have it in my R5 was having a problem with the baloon ball with the stock shaft so I threw an aldila NV in and bam perfect.

Note: This thread is 5933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!