IGNORED

Modern equivalent of a Fujikura "Fit-On" gold/yellow M Regular shaft (Cleveland Branded) for 5 Wood

Note: This thread is 1722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I've found my shaft - it's a 2009-era Cleveland-branded Fujikura gold/yellow M Regular shaft. Normally, I hit with Fujikura Vista Pro shafts in the lightest weight possible. Paired up with a mid-sized Winn DriTac grip, I'm good to go. I know I can always bid to a 5 wood with the shaft I want, but I already have a mint-condish 5 wood from Cleveland (the 2009 Launcher) that I like - no point in buying another head.

What are my options, starting w/ Fujikura?

4 hours ago, BoomerGolfAnon said:

Hey guys,

I've found my shaft - it's a 2009-era Cleveland-branded Fujikura gold/yellow M Regular shaft. Normally, I hit with Fujikura Vista Pro shafts in the lightest weight possible. Paired up with a mid-sized Winn DriTac grip, I'm good to go. I know I can always bid to a 5 wood with the shaft I want, but I already have a mint-condish 5 wood from Cleveland (the 2009 Launcher) that I like - no point in buying another head.

What are my options, starting w/ Fujikura?

I believe the Vista Pro was the next generation of the Fit-On. It is a mid to mid-high launch shaft. 

Fujikura at The GolfWorks

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most important spec of any shaft is weight. I believe the weight of those gold Fuji fairway shafts were 65 give or take. Anything between 60-65, with mid to high launch like boogielicious said should do. 

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I believe the Vista Pro was the next generation of the Fit-On. It is a mid to mid-high launch shaft. 

Fujikura at The GolfWorks

4 hours ago, Adam C said:

Most important spec of any shaft is weight. I believe the weight of those gold Fuji fairway shafts were 65 give or take. Anything between 60-65, with mid to high launch like boogielicious said should do. 

Both my 3 wood and my 7 wood have identical shaft specs:

• weight: 55 grams
  • torque: 3.8
  • kickpoint: low/mid
  • tip: active

This suggests the 5 wood was also a 55 gram shaft. It looks like the Vista Pro line is a replacement for the Fit-On Max, but I can't find anything in the Vista Pro line with a matching torque value of 3.8

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/vista-pro/

fujikura-55gr-fit-on-shafts.jpg

fujikura-vista-pro-specs.png

Oops. I was thinking of a previous Cleveland shaft so my weight was wrong. Just go with a 55 gram shaft. I don't want to say that torque isn't important, but actually yes, it's not important. Basically every other spec of a shaft is more important than torque. Pick a shaft based on weight, balance, bend profile (aka trajectory), flex, and just go with whatever torque is on that shaft. The shaft companies match torque up with other specs so you don't have to worry about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!