IGNORED

7 Iron Length Driver

Patch
Note: This thread is 1679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep, just like the thread title reads, I put a 10.5*, 460cc driver head on a 7i shaft. 

I saw a thing on You Tube where a guy did this. I had all the pieces, and parts, so I figured what hell, and made it. Only issue I had was to make a filler to take up the extra space between the shaft, and hosel socket. Cut a piece out of beer can, and made an insert. A little epoxy dry time, and it was ready to go. 

No, I was not looking to come up with a new playable idea to save strokes. I was just screwing around, with a funny idea. 

I took it to the range this afternoon. It worked. It sent the ball reasonably straight, just not very far. Swinging out of my socks, the range balls were going about 160 yards. I hit my 7w farther than that. 

After I finished up my other practice work on the range, I moved to the practice green for chip & putt practice.

My "D-7" driver (had to name it something) functioned pretty well as chipper, and as a putter.

Chipping distance was tough to adjust to, but the very low trejectory balls went pretty straight. These were chips from the fringe. 

Putting with it proved to be the best way to use this abomination. 

Like I said, I was just screwing around with time to kill. My future plans for it might be to jet let it sit in the corner for an occassional funny thought. . That, or give it to my Grandaughter. She could take it to her highschool golf coach and say "look at my new driver coach".........

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried something like that many years ago.  I made a putter length club with a 3 wood head on it.  Like you say it was fairly easy to hit it straight but distance control was difficult.  Had the opposite experience with my 48 inch putter...I could hit it pretty far but had little control over where it went.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 hours ago, Patch said:

I saw a thing on You Tube where a guy did this.

GOLF VLOGS UK? Fun show...I'm a regular watcher. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Note: This thread is 1679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!