IGNORED

Just tried out some new irons

klaymon
Note: This thread is 5919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got back from Golf Galaxy where I hit a bunch of different irons. I narrowed down my selection to 3: Cobra FP, Taylormade R7 and Ping I10. I get to go back Saturday or Sunday and make my decision, get fitted and buy those puppies in a 4-GW set.

I'm also picking up a Ping Tour-W 60 degree lob wedge and a Taylormade 3W or 5W. As of this weekend, I'll have my own full set of clubs instead of a bunch of borrowed ones.

For what's it's worth, I love my Ping Tour W Wedges, and the i10's have been in the bag since September and are a very solid club; I'm very happy with them. Have fun with whatever you get.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I am getting my i10's as soon as I can get my financial situation out of the stinker. The bank (parents) turned down a loan. No worries though, Cant really start playing around here for another month or so.

I tried the i10's, TM r7 TP's, and the new Cobras. The pings seem like the best fit for me though. Was suprised at what they suggested though. Thought I would need a stiff flex, but the recommended a regular.

Good Luck with your purchase.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I currently have a Tour-W 56 degree wedge that I love. That's the reason I'm getting the same one in a 60.

They said I definitely need a stiff flex on mine. So, stiff steel shafts it is. Right now, I'm leaning toward the Cobras or the I10's but they all hit well. If I had to pick right now without hitting any more on the simulator, I would probably get the Cobras. They just felt right in my hands and I hit very well with them (plus they're $200 cheaper than the Pings which leaves more cash for the other clubs).

I think you are headed in the right direction and I'm impressed with your thoughtfulness in considering Cobra irons and I feel they get overlooked a lot.

I too would be in the same boat and have often wondered about getting PINGS...but the dollars sure can make that decision easier.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Nice selection. I'm a huge fan of the Titleist 60 degree spin milled wedge. You can check that thing anywhere around the green.

Good luck.

Just don't base your decision on how far you hit the 5 iron. The manufactureres are strengthening their lofts all over the place. I think I even saw that the cobra ufi has a 43 degree pw (compared to 46-48).
http://www.cobragolf.com/irons/specs.asp
found it:

When you decide on a set, take the loft of the pw into account and be prepared to add a gap wedge or 2.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

I ended up with the Cobra FP's (4-GW set). I also picked up a Ping Tour-W 60 degree wedge and a Taylormade Burner 3W. Then I stuffed them all in a new Nike Sasquatch Tour stand bag. Happy birthday to me!

Note: This thread is 5919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!