IGNORED

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I underwent a comprehensive overhaul of my golf equipment, changing everything except my putter. (Note: I was fitted for the irons and the driver, and I like the recommended choice best.)

Driver: TaylorMade R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4- and 7-woods: Nike SQ, regular shaft
4-iron thru gap-wedge: Callaway X-20, regular graphite shaft
56- and 60-degree wedges: Callaway forged, stiff steel shafts, "vintage" finish, "mac-daddy" grooves
Putter: Zebra, circa 1976 (no change here)

Notes/questions on my selections:
1. I went with the 4-wood/7-wood route for consistent intervals. We (the pro and I) felt that the gap between a 5-W and a 4-I would be too large; same with the gap between a 3-W and a 7-W. Was this a good call?
2. I had trouble deciding between a 7-W and a 3-rescue (Nike brand), but I ultimately went with the 7-W. Good choice?
3. The gap-wedge in the Callaway irons set in about 50-degrees; we couldn't decide whether to go 54-58 or 56-60 for the wedges. I ended up choosing the latter option; will there be a large gap between the 50 and the 56?
4. Do "mac-daddy" groves have a chance of becoming illegal if the USGA changes the rules?
5. When I was fitted for the irons and the driver, the computer said the best balls for me were the Nike Ignite, the Bridgestone e5, and the Callaway HX Hot. Are these good balls?
6. I was fiddling around with one of the Odyssey 2-balls on Golfer's Warehouse's synthetic green, and I really liked it. Nevertheless, although I went through a putting slump at the end of last year, I rolled the ball quite well with my Zebra in the summer. Should I stick with the putter I've used since I was 10 (I'm 16 now) or go for something new?

Well, thanks for reading. Apologies that I don't know the first thing about equipment.

APB

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Golfers Warehouse in Orange?

I live in CT too (Guilford) -

I'm not going to tell you too much, I've only been playing for 6 years myself. I think you made the right choice with the 56/60 wedges. Just choke up on the 50 for shots in between.

As for the "macdaddy" grooves, I've wondered the same thing and makes me stay away from those.

Enjoy the new gear, always fun to get new toys

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Golfers Warehouse in Orange?

No, I went to the Golfer's Warehouse in Hartford (I live in Farmington).

Do you know of any courses opened in CT so far, or are they all still closed for the winter?

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!