Jump to content
IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed


iacas

Recommended Posts

Wow, this seems pretty comprehensive. 

There's a lot to like here. Seems like a "next step up" from the speed training sticks we all enjoyed last off season. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I purchased The Stack at the end of September and will be using it starting on October 31... and will report back my progress!!  About the middle of September I started using Speed Sticks again.  Focused on increasing my swing speed the last quarter of 2021 to see how much I can improve... and then will continue throughout 2022.  Apparently you have to use it or lose it!! :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...

So question for anyone that has used the Stack. I just started last week, and just completed my first workout following the baseline testing. 

For reference, i am using a swing speed radar (until the new mevo+ update comes out).

My driver speed using the swing speed radar is average 112 on the app (Mevo+ has me at 113-114), but the espeed calculation on the app is saying 102, with a distance potential of 281 (I can already push the ball out there that far with a decent strike). I emailed Sasho about it, and he said it is likely that the radar is picking up driver speed better than the speed of the Stack. Anyone else have this issue? I will continue the Foundation training and then measure driver speed at the end, as that is all that matters, but what I am afraid of is if the A.I of the app is going to change my workout or something due to the lower speeds it is reading. 

 

The numbers below from the screenshots are from the baseline testing to show the speed variations between driver and the stick. 

 

 

2.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by mey123
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator

@mey123 it sounds like you may be positioning the swing speed radar incorrectly, or doing something like that to get some different readings. Your actual swing speed with the Stack will be lower because you often swing heavier clubs and they're shorter, even if they weigh the same. It's a hybrid length club.

Are you swinging the Stack through the "radar area" properly? Is it angled at 45° in front of you slightly? Do you swing as aggressively with the Stack, and with the same timing (i.e. if you reach peak speed well after what would be "impact" that's different)?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wish they had an Android version of the app, tough to justify the price for the system plus an extra couple hundred for a used iphone/ipad too. 

If/when they come out with an android version I'll probably pull the trigger.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

@mey123 it sounds like you may be positioning the swing speed radar incorrectly, or doing something like that to get some different readings. Your actual swing speed with the Stack will be lower because you often swing heavier clubs and they're shorter, even if they weigh the same. It's a hybrid length club.

Are you swinging the Stack through the "radar area" properly? Is it angled at 45° in front of you slightly? Do you swing as aggressively with the Stack, and with the same timing (i.e. if you reach peak speed well after what would be "impact" that's different)?

Yeah, i position the radar where the ball would be, and at a 45-degree angle facing away from the target. 

I feel like i am swinging the stack faster than my driver to be honest, so it has me so confused. I used my driver first to make sure it was positioned correctly and then used the stack in the same location. I am wondering if its the level at which i am swinging the stack vs the driver. The driver is much closer to the ground when swung vs the shorter stack stick. I wonder if i will need to actually place the radar in the location where I would place the ball for hitting a hybrid. does that make any sense LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator

Picture a beam of radar coming up from the device and swing the "clubhead" through that area. The radar you're using should be pointing at where the ball is, not positioned where the ball would be.

Also, you're probably reaching peak speed with the Stack well after it passes through the radar beam area.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Picture a beam of radar coming up from the device and swing the "clubhead" through that area. The radar you're using should be pointing at where the ball is, not positioned where the ball would be.

Also, you're probably reaching peak speed with the Stack well after it passes through the radar beam area.

So what you are saying is that the radar should be slightly ahead of the imaginary ball position, with the face of the unit (the numbers) looking directly at the imaginary ball position?

I had it directly in line between me, ball, and radar, with the radar facing 45-degrees toward he swing path (away from target), as that is what the owners manual states; "Place the Swing Speed Radar® about 8-10 inches (20–25 cm) away from the ball, directly in line with the golfer and the ball, as shown below. Orient the SSR so that it is facing toward the direction from which the clubhead is coming, at about a 45 degree angle relative to the clubhead swing path"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, mey123 said:

So what you are saying is that the radar should be slightly ahead of the imaginary ball position, with the face of the unit (the numbers) looking directly at the imaginary ball position?

I had it directly in line between me, ball, and radar, with the radar facing 45-degrees toward he swing path (away from target), as that is what the owners manual states; "Place the Swing Speed Radar® about 8-10 inches (20–25 cm) away from the ball, directly in line with the golfer and the ball, as shown below. Orient the SSR so that it is facing toward the direction from which the clubhead is coming, at about a 45 degree angle relative to the clubhead swing path"

How is that going to pick up the swing speed at the ball and not several inches before the ball?

Regardless, you could still be reaching peak speed much later on with the Stack, resulting in a lower reading.

I know that's what the manual shows, but I've always put it so that the 45° angle projects the radar beam out toward the ball, which means having it 8-10" ahead of the ball position, too.

The SSR works for righties and lefties so it's not like it's coming out of the left front corner, the radar.

  • Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

How is that going to pick up the swing speed at the ball and not several inches before the ball?

Regardless, you could still be reaching peak speed much later on with the Stack, resulting in a lower reading.

VERY true, and i honestly had the same dang thoughts on it. Reason for the setup i explained was, between sets, i quickly read that manual and saw that it stated that. So tomorrow during my next training, i will move the unit 8-10 inches forward, and face the radar towards where the ball position would be. Fingers crossed. If it doesnt work, i will end up buying the PRGR to get me through until the Mevo+ update comes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, mey123 said:

VERY true, and i honestly had the same dang thoughts on it. Reason for the setup i explained was, between sets, i quickly read that manual and saw that it stated that. So tomorrow during my next training, i will move the unit 8-10 inches forward, and face the radar towards where the ball position would be. Fingers crossed. If it doesnt work, i will end up buying the PRGR to get me through until the Mevo+ update comes. 

Again, I'd also just make sure you're not swinging the Stack club differently, with peak speed being well after the ball area. And imagine passing the tip through the "radar cone". Even with a different setup, the numbers should be consistent to each other.

Do you believe 112 with your driver?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Again, I'd also just make sure you're not swinging the Stack club differently, with peak speed being well after the ball area. And imagine passing the tip through the "radar cone". Even with a different setup, the numbers should be consistent to each other.

Do you believe 112 with your driver?

Yeah, it feels like a normal swing, so I am thinking that the speeds are a little after the radar as you mentioned. 

 

And yeah the swing speed with my driver and the SSR are actually pretty spot compared to the MEVO+ (and GC2 at local sim). Mevo+ can have me anywhere from like 110-115 depending on the day, with the average usually around 112. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 7 months later...
  • Administrator

I've had enough people ask that I've set up an affiliate deal:

https://www.thestacksystem.com/discount/IACAS

stack_qr_code_99.png

You can use the coupon code "IACAS" as well, and you can visit the site at https://www.thestacksystem.com?aff=99, too. All should work. If you're not seeing the discount automatically applied, though, use the first link and/or the specific coupon code "IACAS".

  • Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If they had an Android version I would have gotten this already,  but since I'm going to be getting an iPad to run E6 and my Mevo+ this fall for my simulator build, I'll probably get this for my birthday or christmas or something. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, klineka said:

If they had an Android version I would have gotten this already,  but since I'm going to be getting an iPad to run E6 and my Mevo+ this fall for my simulator build, I'll probably get this for my birthday or christmas or something. 

Ah, so does Mevo+ work for the Stack? I bought one of those like 3 years ago and have yet to use it (need to get on that asap). 

Constantine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
6 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Ah, so does Mevo+ work for the Stack? I bought one of those like 3 years ago and have yet to use it (need to get on that asap). 

Yes. Their new "swing training" mode will work for this. It's good, too.

  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes. Their new "swing training" mode will work for this. It's good, too.

Awesome, thanks. Alright I guess I need to order this thing soon.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...