IGNORED

Tracking Penalty Strokes (Golfshot)

If you hit a ball OB from the tee, and are using a stat tracker (in my case Golfshot), would you mark that as one or two penalty strokes? And would that change if you used the new local rule to drop where the ball went OB and hit your fourth shot?

Rehit teeshot scenario  - One stroke (first shot that went OB), one penalty, then you're hitting 3 when you reload off the tee box.

New local drop scenario  - One stroke (first shot that went OB), two penalties, then you're hitting 4 when you hit your drop from OB point.

• iacas changed the title to Tracking Penalty Strokes (Golfshot)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Could have Hotmelt.
    • I don’t think anything they do will make a meaningful impact on pace of play except keeping players on the clock and enforcing it. Without books they may just spend more time reading the green since they don’t have anything to help them. I just don’t see where players would get the incentive to play faster if they think spending their allot time will help them score better. Many players play fast and enjoy keeping a good pace, but with 125 players out there, there will always be many that take their time. The Masters has banned books, so some players already has some experience with it. Do they play faster there? The greens at Augusta are difficult and it’s a special tournament, so maybe they spend their time even without books. Perhaps not the best tournament to compare with. I came across this article: https://www.golfchannel.com/news/2021-us-open-rory-mcilroy-thinks-green-reading-books-should-be-outlawed-greater-good-game There seems to be a combination of reasons behind the idea, rather than one. I’d maybe think the for-the-greater-good thoughts like Rory’s are more common than pace of play, but also a combination. I like the thoughts about the greater good of the game, and wouldn’t object to the books being outlawed. It puts more focus on reading greens and trusting what you see rather than consult a book. As Erik said, if they don’t putt better today than before the books, is there a reason to keep them?
    • I have 45°, 50° and 56°. Simple. As a short knocker I need the extra slots for the top of my bag.
    • Good greens, perfect weather for golf. Even then -1 gets a tie for 11th. If you add 10mph on to the breeze then par becomes a very good score. I watched about 2 hours early and an hour late on and the quality of golf today was great. 
    • Played my first round away from my home course yesterday and snuck into two birdies on holes 4 (par-3) and 10 (par-4). 🙂  Started composite stats now. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. afair1
      afair1
      (18 years old)
    2. jesikalopez
      jesikalopez
      (26 years old)
    3. jpokracki
      jpokracki
      (60 years old)
    4. krupa
      krupa
      (46 years old)
    5. ppine
      ppine
      (71 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...