• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FitForGolf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-20%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack/FitForGolf, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Having 20-25 yards between 3W and 22 degree hybrid is a good gap over 200 yards. You can get rid of the 19° hybrid and maybe add another wedge.  If you want to keep the club maybe you can change the loft's like I do for a better gapping.  3W (15° down to 14°): 250 2H (19° down to 18°) : 230 3H (21° up to 23°) : 210 4 Iron (23°): 190 6 Iron (29°): 175 
    • I don't have any problem with women playing golf.  But it's imperative that they not let it interfere with their responsibilities at home.  And it can't interfere with the day to day activities at the club (taking offense at something, whining about this or that).
    • I've played a dozen links courses in NW Ireland.  It is a very different game for me.  My takeaways were: 1) Miss a fairway and you're dead.  Done.  This is not the Open Championship where you have spotters or dozens/hundreds of people standing alongside the hole to spot where the ball went in. You can't always see it down as there are often grass-covered dunes between you and the ball.  You may find a dozen balls but finding your own is tough.  STAY OUT OF THE HEATHER.  Gorse goes w/o saying. 2) My irons seem to go further off the firm turf.  Especially the wedges. You often aim to land your ball quite a ways of where you want the ball to end up. One uphill approach at Narin & Portnoo I had 110 yards to the pin.  Uphill, severely.  I was going to hit a gap and the caddy said, no, aim a 90 yard shot over there (15 yards right of the flag).  I did, and he was right, the slope around the green kicked it on and it rolled to 10 feet. Had I aimed at the flag, it'd skipped over the green, likely into the tall grass behind the green and it could've been a lost ball.  3) Driving - when you have a 35 mph crosswind coming off the North Atlantic, it can be daunting to aim at Newfoundland. But you'd better. 4) Putting - not so bad! Beautiful landscape for golf (the original after all).  Highly recommend it to anyone who has a chance.  But if you're scratch on a parkland style course, be ready to get humbled.
    • People who know better that don't repair divots and ball marks are trash. It's an epidemic today after the influx of golfers with no training in etiquette.  And let's face it, some people simply do not belong. 😛 I'll fix theirs for them the first time or two, and if they don't pick up on it I'll tell them to do it.  I won't play with them again either. 
    • As long as he keeps that haircut, he can never make me feel silly

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...