IGNORED

Pro Basketball

jm0715
Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I take it the "LA" in your handle is Louisiana, not Los Angeles? ;)

Yes sir you are correct.

In the bag:
10.5* G10 Driver
15* FT 3Wood
19* a3-Boxer 3-Hybrid
mp30 4-PW 55.12 SW Newport 2 Studio Stainlessor G5i AnserLooking for another wedge.

Pro Basketball is really not how basketball was meant be played. The different rules for different players based on ability and popularity is just garbage. I know that teams do run offences but any time the clock is running down it isolate and give it to [insert name] star player and drive/pull up jumper. It is supposed to be a team sport and it never looks like it to me and I love basketball and watch college religiously that is how this great sport should be played. The thing I hate most of all is the absolute LACK OF DEFENSE in the NBA and this is not just the Denver Nuggets I am talking about its all the teams. Games are not suppose to go to these astronomical scores of 120+ it looks worse than an And One Mix Tape game.

Ok now that I have my general feelings about the NBA out there I do watch the playoffs and I am so surprised with all the flagrant fouls. These are not just oops I fouled you hard these are straight up trying to hurt or knock other players out of the game. These fouls can happen when you are playing a pickup game with people who don’t know how to play and they just grab you when you go up for a layup or dunk (depending of jumping ability) and can serious injure you. In the NBA this seems to happen when lesser team can’t play on the same level as the other and just goes out to hurt people and in turn this is hurting the sport. Labron James has been just getting hammered through round one and Rondo got body slammed in game 7. I just wondered what everyone else thinks of the crazy hard fouls.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I just wondered what everyone else thinks of the crazy hard fouls.

Well when you play the Mavericks you have to be soft cause and little touch on Dirk and he goes flying off the court. Hard to not look like there are a lot of hard fouls when the other team has some "good" actors. From what i have been watching though, it seems when there is a flagrant foul that could have caused injury the refs are handling it well. Ala Kidd and the dude form the ATL game getting ejected.(Don't remember his name)

In the bag:
10.5* G10 Driver
15* FT 3Wood
19* a3-Boxer 3-Hybrid
mp30 4-PW 55.12 SW Newport 2 Studio Stainlessor G5i AnserLooking for another wedge.

Hard fouls have their place, especially in the playoffs. College basketball puts more of an emphasis on team, for sure, but that doesn't make it any better than the NBA brand of the sport. And in regards to your claim that NBA teams run only isolation plays and never play defense, look at the Pistons squad from 2003 until the present. Terrific defensive team of glorified role players that contend perennially for the Championship.

And in regards to your claim that NBA teams run only isolation plays and never play defense, look at the Pistons squad from 2003 until the present. Terrific defensive team of glorified role players that contend perennially for the Championship.

Pistons and the Spurs are the only teams that actually grasp the team concept and play defense in the NBA. The only problem is when these two teams were in a championship match a couple of years ago no one watched or said that it did not have any flare. I personal y that it was a good series but since the NBA is does not try to market to the purest, people expected to see the popular offensive stars with big names going to the typical one on one offensive set implanted in most NBA teams.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pistons and the Spurs are the only teams that actually grasp the team concept and play defense in the NBA. The only problem is when these two teams were in a championship match a couple of years ago no one watched or said that it did not have any flare. I personal y that it was a good series but since the NBA is does not try to market to the purest, people expected to see the popular offensive stars with big names going to the typical one on one offensive set implanted in most NBA teams.

That was a very good Finals. Too bad the ratings were awful. There was no sex appeal. Unfortunately the Pistons players have started to act like they are better than they really are. They don't have the same chemistry and the commitment to defense is long gone. They forgot that it was playing as a group that won the title in 04 and brought them within one blown assignment of back to back rings.

This Boston team really impresses me with their defense. I turned the game on in the 3rd when they were down 18 and thought it was over. When I heard they won it I was stunned. I hear they were just relentless down the stretch.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!