IGNORED

Hybrids

playing with cleveland hybrid irons have friends that use hybrids anyone using hybrid irons or hybrids would appreciate fwwdback

7 hours ago, micha said:

playing with cleveland hybrid irons have friends that use hybrids anyone using hybrid irons or hybrids would appreciate fwwdback

Well, I have a 2 hybrid, 4 hybrid and then play 6 iron onwards.  My best clubs are probably the 4 hybrid and the PW.  What I find is that loft is your friend in general which is why my 4 hybrid is so much better than my 2 hybrid.  Definitely disproportionately more so than the 5 or so degrees of difference in loft.  If you have hybrids, play them.  And consider loft as your friend.  Invariably you will get up to a loft where anything less will not get you more distance because of your club head speed.  Essentially the faster you swing the less lofted a club you can hit effectively.  For me it is probably a 4 hybrid and maybe a 7 iron though I could improve both with practice

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just ordered a Titleist TSR 2 #4 hybrid to replace my 3 driving iron. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

20 minutes ago, snapfade said:

My favourite club in my bag. Have it with a hzrds 6.0 shaft (probably the more important part) and I love it

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

I have a 2h but we don’t get along anymore. It’s a bit of an abusive relationship - she gives me just enough hope once in a while that things are going to be better and then it’s back to the same old shit.

I went to a PING fitting recently with the intention to replace the hybrid with a 5w or something, thinking maybe I’ll be better with a fairway wood than a hybrid. But it turns out the best club I hit that fits in that slot in the bag is another hybrid so I ordered it.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Have a 19° (moved to 20.5°) Titleist 915H. I just love the club. Beautiful feel off the sweetspot, high launch, soft landing. Versatile. In the future, with less overall speed I will replace my 4 and 5 irons with another hybrid, something around 26°. 

6 hours ago, snapfade said:

I have that club and absolutely love it!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, billchao said:

I have a 2h but we don’t get along anymore. It’s a bit of an abusive relationship - she gives me just enough hope once in a while that things are going to be better and then it’s back to the same old shit.

The '2H" wrote back -  "Well, if you had an worthwhile pre-shot routine..."

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

The '2H" wrote back -  "Well, if you had an worthwhile pre-shot routine..."

Meh I don’t care anymore. I’ll have a new hybrid soon. One that is younger, with technology not from almost a decade ago, and isn’t full of baggage from hitting bad shots.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, billchao said:

Meh I don’t care anymore. I’ll have a new hybrid soon. One that is younger, with technology not from almost a decade ago, and isn’t full of baggage from hitting bad shots.

Cool.. the pre-shot expectation still applies.

Just saying..

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

Cool.. the pre-shot expectation still applies.

Just saying..

I may not always hit a good shot but I always make sure the pre-shot routine is done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

I may not always hit a good shot but I always make sure the pre-shot routine is done.

Then go on gitchu a brand spanking new 2H son.. what are you waiting for? :beer:

Vishal S.

10 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Then go on gitchu a brand spanking new 2H son.. what are you waiting for? :beer:

For PING to assemble and ship it?

It's a 3H. Yea, the new club has more loft. How do you like that, 2H?

Bill

My Swing Thread

25 minutes ago, billchao said:

How do you like that, 2H?

9 years and counting. Lil chipped paint here and there but still going strong. Also have an 18 deg driving iron that I got a couple of years ago which is doing well too. @iacastried it and I think he liked it.

Vishal S.