IGNORED

Who Hates the TV Tourny Interludes as Much as Me?

The Gill
Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every time I see sports in slow-motion and hear heroic music with Costas' voice-over I want to puke all over my TV.

This is why I can't watch the Olympics. Why ruin golf too? Am I alone in wanting to watch the tournament, not some sappy made for TV movie?

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I can agree with you..I always hear that music during the SwingVision on CBS Sports with Peter Kostis's voice....They could do a better job with the music..

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Every time I see sports in slow-motion and hear heroic music with Costas' voice-over I want to puke all over my TV.

IMHO, golf coverage has been going downhill for decades. There's so much more money and technology and Producers can't resist. There are way too many cameras on the course. Result: you only see the leaders. Second result: you watch putting all day. Worst result: you don't really see many players "play". There are too many cheap ways to produce "vignettes": I would rather just hear Ken Venturi, Bob Rosburg or Bob Goalby talk about the guy. Syrupy music is only appropriate at the Masters (IMHO).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

IMHO, golf coverage has been going downhill for decades. There's so much more money and technology and Producers can't resist. There are way too many cameras on the course. Result: you only see the leaders. Second result: you watch putting all day. Worst result: you don't really see many players "play". There are too many cheap ways to produce "vignettes": I would rather just hear Ken Venturi, Bob Rosburg or Bob Goalby talk about the guy. Syrupy music is only appropriate at the Masters (IMHO).

I agree... leave the music for the Masters... I also can't stand how much putting we wtch these days. Nothing is more annoying than showing how someone is in a tough spot, only to miss the attempted out to see yet another birdie putt. I like watching the leaders... but Tiger TV can get out of control on Thursday and Friday.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I would much rather watch a few groups and hear more about the GOLF COURSE and course management.

It's so funny. They try to make it seem that golf is man v. man. Reality is that golf is man v. nature (course).

It's just that guys like Tiger destroy courses better than anyone else.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!