IGNORED

r7 XD irons

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have 3-PW Talyormade r7 XD irons and fairly old vokey wedges and there is a 30 yard difference between my PW and my 52 degree vokey. I have tried to choke up on a PW or hit a 52 as hard as I can, but those approaches either are miss-hit or still don't go the correct distance. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if it would be a good idea to get a r7 XD 49 degree AW to go between my 52 degree vokey, and my 44 degree PW, or if I should just keep trying to fix the swing. If I did get this new club I would remove my 3 iron that I never use, and it would not be a big loss. Thanks for the input.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

WOW 44 degree pitching wedge? that is a strong loft! Game imrovment clubs have gotten streonger over the years so we can all say I hit the same iron into that green as a pro!!!! when in actuality there is a club if not more diffrence between Game improvment Irons and Muscle backs or blades. I just started using a set of Muscle backs and the PW is 47 9 iron is 44 I cant say I hit my 9 iron 150 anymore but I also dont need a gap wedge anymore. Why not go to a 50 and a 58 wedge to help close the gaps?

I still think that if I did that I would still have the distance gap since the new wedges would not have the extra distance technology like the XDs.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Hey guys, best i can figure all the new club makers are going stronger, even the blades out there are being delofted, i think they are going for the mental side(i can hit this new PW 135, my old PW was 115 or 120)

Exactly! My brother-in-law settled on TaylorMade irons because he hit the 5 iron farther than the other brands he tried. If you're worried about the extra distance technology why not just buy the matching wedges for your set. I think you need to fill the gaps rather than change your swing. You might be able to find them cheap on ebay too. Proshopwarehouse.com is also a good place to look for these.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

i have the same problem with the XD burners i bought. I ended up picking up a 48 volkey and switched to a 54 sand instead of the 56. Just a idea. 3 and 4iron out of the bag. get a hybrid and extra wedge.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

how about picking up a 48 and a 56?
4 degree gaps between your wedges.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!