IGNORED

New Irons Vs. Old Irons

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry if this has been posted before. But i see people talking about how they buy old irons for a backup set and then state that They are basically as good as their new ones.

I have old Ram irons right now and Am wondering if buying new irons is worth the money. What wil be the difference? will it just be feel and maybe a little more distance with the improved technology?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I would say it depends on more what you want to do with your game rather than want in general. Right now i am drolling over the callaway x-forged, but why replace them when my current set does the job i want them to do? A little over a year ago, I switched from a game improvment iron (nikes, i belive) to a forged blade because the offset and big heads on game improvment clubs were just in my way and I was looking for somthing more simple and straitforward. When you get to that point with a iron it is probably time to move on. But if you are playing intermediate irons right now, and just want to get another set of intermediates, its probably not going to do much for you unless your current set is damaged in some way.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

well my set is pretty old, with little technology, And i think new irons can give me some more workability with a little more distance.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

well my set is pretty old, with little technology, And i think new irons can give me some more workability with a little more distance.

I dunno..go for it then.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

the technology in newer irons will give you more forgiveness. MP-67s are a blade, but they are more forgiving than older blades. the titanium faced, $1000+ game improvement irons like callaway FTs are going to give you more forgiveness than 15 year old game improvement irons.

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

Sorry if this has been posted before. But i see people talking about how they buy old irons for a backup set and then state that They are basically as good as their new ones.

Dent

The reason why the backup sets seem as good is because many of us have tried to get a similar type head and shaft. For me, the Project X is a great shaft. That said, the Apollo Stepless I have on my backup set is good, too. Just not as good. What you should try and do is figure out what you like most about your irons and find a club that exceeds that performance. Same thing for your shafts. You can always keep your current set as a backup or send it to someone like the www.ironfactory.com . They can make your current clubs, new, again.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!