IGNORED

Simulator Feedback

Been struggling with my game for a long while and decided to work this winter inside to pick up speed and flexibility..senior golfer.  Got my swing speed up from 88 to around 100 mph thru this effort but still struggling to bring it to course ....was low handicapper now 7  ...putting still very good but some shots are absolutely horrible , hard to imagine LOL   😪   

Feedback on simulator can be very strange , got club coming from inside now but still struggling with hitting it left and low. Smash factor off charts on Foresight often over 160 with driver and 145-50 with irons hit 7 iron 165 but driver only goes 250 most of the time 

Can smash factor be fooled by some idiosyncrasy ...like trapping it or holding off finish   ... no one else even young bucks that hit it over 300 on this simulator have anywhere near this smash factor. Wish it was because I''m that good    help ???

😜

• 1 month later...

Assuming PERFECT delivery of clubface to ball with face angle perpendicular to both the ground and the ball’s initial trajectory, the highest legal smash factor is 1.50.  This means a 100 mph swing cannot have a ball speed higher than 150mph.  If it does, some part of the equipment is illegal in terms of having a COR that is too high (too much “rebound”).

So yes, the numbers you are seeing are not accurate.  I sometimes see a ball speed slightly higher than 150% of club head speed on my SkyTrak, but I’m sure that’s because the SkyTrak measures ball speed but not club head speed—club head speed is “calculated”.  This also means my club head speed is faster than SkyTrak thinks.

Something is “wonky” with what you’re seeing.  It may actually be that your club head speed is higher than you think—yay!