• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wardamneagle

Rifle Spinner Shaft

5 posts in this topic

what are yalls experiences with these shafts? do they make a difference in spin?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

what are yalls experiences with these shafts? do they make a difference in spin?

I'm just starting to experiment with them (I like them so far), but I think the point of them may be more about "better feel" (particularly on partial shots) than anything much to do with spin.

Spin with wedges is primarily a factor of lie (how good it is), clubface (how clean the contact is), and the strike (is it hard and descending, flat, etc.?). I'm not sure how much a shaft contributes to the above three. My guess would be "a little."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik, did you share the outcome of your experiments somewhere? I'd be curious to hear if you think the shafts really make a difference in actual spin, did a search but couldn't find any follow ups on this. Thanks :)

The thread is pretty old… I use lower spin wedge shafts now. I recall that they worked pretty well, if you wanted more spin.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Eric! Contemplating getting some higher bounce wedges and trying out these shafts in them to hopefully help stop the ball a little bit earlier :)