IGNORED

Mixed Pair PGA Tournament

BCC5266

I think that the PGA should have a mixed pair tournament to promote diversity and possibly increase the popularity of the LPGA.  I recall Bubba Watson paired with Lexi Thompson in the QBE Shootout (so there is no rule that ladies can participate).  They could incorporate some of the round rules they have for the Ryder Cup Team format as well.

Thoughts?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BCC5266 said:

I think that the PGA should have a mixed pair tournament to promote diversity and possibly increase the popularity of the LPGA.

Why would the PGA Tour really care about promoting the LPGA Tour?

Or did you actually mean the PGA (of America), in which case… why should the PGA do that?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

Or did you actually mean the PGA (of America), in which case… why should the PGA do that?

I would watch the event. Sounds interesting 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

I would watch the event. Sounds interesting 

That isn't what I said or asked, though. I might watch it, too, but I watch PGA Tour golf and LPGA Tour golf already. Does the QBE Shootout do gangbusters ratings wise? No, I don't think so.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, iacas said:

That isn't what I said or asked, though. I might watch it, too, but I watch PGA Tour golf and LPGA Tour golf already. Does the QBE Shootout do gangbusters ratings wise? No, I don't think so.

I think there has only been a couple times that a lady has participated in a PGA event.  So cant really base QBE Shootout ratings as a benchmark of how popular this idea might be.  I wasnt thinking in terms of profit for the PGA.  I just thought it would be a good variation to have to spice things up.  Especially considering what LIV is incorporating in their approach.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BCC5266 said:

I think there has only been a couple times that a lady has participated in a PGA event.  So cant really base QBE Shootout ratings as a benchmark of how popular this idea might be.  I wasnt thinking in terms of profit for the PGA.  I just thought it would be a good variation to have to spice things up.  Especially considering what LIV is incorporating in their approach.

So again:

20 hours ago, iacas said:

And… PGA ≠ PGA Tour.

• Funny 1