IGNORED

Feeling Stuck With Mid Irons

I feel stuck at the top of my backswing and have to go over the top and end up hitting a snap hook. I think my posture has become too upright. i keep going back and forth with my stance width and distance  from the ball. I seem to be ok with fairway woods and driver. i also think my chin got stuck too my chest. Any suggestions would br awesome!! 

• Administrator

Really tough to say without seeing your golf swing.

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

Duck hooks aren't all from "coming over the top." You can hit a duck hook from well inside, too. Happens all the time.

That said… you probably need to learn that your arms work mostly up and down, and your body does the around, and start the "down" with the arms in the DOWNswing much sooner.

But without video… it's an educated guess at best. And not that educated, because we don't see what YOU are doing. It's just based on averages, what's commonly seen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, i will work on video very soon. I always feel like i can't get to the inside which drives me crazy. I know that most hooks are from an inside out path with closed clubface but my ballflight seems out to in and smothered to the right.  It seems to get better when i consciously try to aimlefyt of the pin!! Thanks Erik

I meant smothered to the left sometimes high hook that goes forever and sometimes lately low runners