IGNORED

Rules help

CoachSpork
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please assist with this rules scenario:

125 yrd par 3 - island green
Tee shot lands in bunker - past pin , left of the green
2nd shot - skulled over the green into the water hazard on the fly. Flight of ball still behind the pin.
Where do you drop?

a) Replay the ball from the sand
b) Drop on the other side of hazard - straight line from flag through point of last cross
c) Drop on green side of hazard, 1 club length from point on last cross, but no closer to the hole

I think options "a" and "b" are correct, but is "c"?

Thanks for you help.

Hi coachspork
"c" would only be an option if the water was lateral,(Yellow stakes)
Red stakes "a" and "b" only.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

a) Replay the ball from the sand

a) and b) are both options. c) is an option if it's a lateral hazard, but note that it's 2 club lengths, not 1.

"c" would only be an option if the water was lateral,(Yellow stakes)

No, you have them confused - yellow is water hazard, red is lateral water hazard.

Bill

Give me a break sacm3bill I posted that at 5.30 am and the brian wasnt engaged

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

sorry this is just too funny...

...and the brian wasnt engaged

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!