IGNORED

Do you want a Laker's vs Celtics finals?

eberryhill7
Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you want a Laker's vs Celtics finals?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

mutadayen, I was not saying yours or anyones prediction is wrong (how can it be?) I was talking about the people saying The Celtics have a clear edge over the Lakers.

Hmm, maybe he thinks the Celts have the edge because they punched the Lakers in the mouth, twice, this season? Or it's because when people were saying the Celts could not win on the road they went and beat Detroit twice at the Palace? Nevermind that the Celts had the best record in the NBA and the best road record in the NBA. They were the best team over 82 games and are now in the Finals. I don't see how the Celts are not that great. What do they need to do to prove it? That's right. Winning it all. Celts in six.

I think you even know why the Celtics beating the Lakers twice does not mean anything and is just a silly argument, so I won't explain. However, your entire argument is based on the regular season for the

East . How about we look at the post season stats? C's: 12-8. Lakers: 12-3. Celtics had to go 7 games with the Hawks and Cleveland, both bad teams. Lakers swept Denver, took on one of the toughest teams in the NBA, the Jazz and just destroyed the defending champs the Spurs... So explain how the Celtics have been great? Also, Doc Rivers is going to get out coached so bad it's not even funny. I really hope it turns into a great series but I see this being a repeat of last year. The West just completely owning the East. I think the media is just trying to tell us this is going to be a great rematch, the history etc. when it is not. Best of luck to the C's, prove me wrong. Also, I also mentioned how the Pistons win if they want to. Rasheed Wallace having more fouls than points proves how the Pistons win is not that great for the Celtics.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I think the Celtics are a better team then the Lakers. They have three people who can take over games while the Lakers only have 1.5 (Gasol). They play better defense and are more team oriented. That said I think that the Lakers are going to win in 7, because they have Kobe Bryant. Kobe will not let his team lose this series. He is the best player in the league, and I think is getting close to being better then Michael Jordan. He will take over games and pull his team to victory. We saw Lebron do this last year with the worst cast of characters the I have ever seen, so Kobe can do it with his potent team around him. It will be a great series that cements Kobe as one of the best players ever to play the game.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

mutadayen, I was not saying yours or anyones prediction is wrong (how can it be?) I was talking about the people saying The Celtics have a clear edge over the Lakers.

Uh, no. My argument is not about the Celts being in the East. They had the best record in the NBA, period. They had the best road record in the NBA.

You state that my argument is futile because it was a regular season game but then go on to say that the West owned the East, so therefore, the Lakers will beat the Celts. That makes zero sense when you consider the Celtics were 25 and 5 against the Western Conference. Is that reason enough to think they'll beat the Lakers? No, of course not. However, using your criteria, it sure does. Additionally, I won't argue against someone who's inferring that the Pistons did not want to win. That's pretty silly and as for Rasheed, there is a reason why he had more fouls than points: Kevin Garnett. If we're going by what actually happened, this year, the Celts are more than capable of winning it all. They swept the Lakers, they came up huge when needed and they dominated the Western Conference. That sounds like a great team. I just don't know how you can't see this. I'm sure if your favorite team or the team you root for had these credentials, you would see it for what it is. The best regular season team and team that dominated the Eastern Conference Finals is playing for the 'chip. Who can argue this?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I don't have a favorite basketball team, so I have no bias but it seems you are a Boston fan so I don't think this will ammount to anything.

First, the C's and Lakers games in the regular season are pre- Pau Gasol. So yes, they mean absolutely nothing. I thought you would recognize this, but Boston fans always forget these things (kidding)

And I don't know how you can argue that the is not East is much much much much weaker than the West. I'd like to see you try. Hmm, in the east the Hawks get 8th seed, while Golden State doesn't make the playoffs in the West. Lol... Yes the East has always had it easier.

And finally, yes the Pistons never live up to what they're capable of. Rasheed Wallace could be one of the best if not the best player in the NBA if he wanted to but along with the rest of Detroit, they really don't show that they care.

"team that dominated the Eastern Conference Finals is playing for the 'chip." Again, your fanhoods getting in the way. Dominated is what the Lakers did in this post season. Please explain how having to go 7 games with the Atlanta Hawks (37-45) is "dominating". Once again, I am not rooting for either team, I want a close and exciting finals. I'm just saying by the way the C's have carried themselves throughout the post season, they certainly do not look dominant and look like they couldn't take one game from the Lakers.

Best of luck to the C's, I really don't care who wins but may the better team win.

I don't have a favorite basketball team, so I have no bias but it seems you are a Boston fan so I don't think this will ammount to anything.

I'm not a Celts, fan. I cheer for the Knicks. (You can stop laughing now

) As for dominating the Eastern Conference Finals, I think I'm right. They were down 2-1 with another game at the Palace. Everyone was predicting doom and they ran the table. I'd say that qualifies as pretty dominating. I never wrote they dominated in the playoffs, two different things. Again, though, it's hard to go against a team that had the best record in the NBA, the best road record, a team that dominated the Western Conference, that smacked the Lakers, twice, with a healthy Andrew Bynum. Aside: If the Lakers had a healthy Bynum, this would not even be up for discussion. Bynum, Gasol and Odom up front? Geez. That said, I can't see the Celts, losing. If I'm wrong, I'll send you a pack of your favorite golf balls.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I dont see how the celtics can lose. I think the celtics are the more talented team, the more experienced team, collectively, and defense always, always wins championships. And I really dont see the how the argument that "Kobe wont let the Lakers lose" is a validargument for having the Lakers to take the finals. If you have watched even one Celticsgame you will see the command and respect that KG has over the celtics and if any argument can be made for one player not allowing their team to lose it is Garnett not allowing the celtics to lose, even though i think neither or the arguments are valid.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Also for the year the celtics have always rose to the occasion when faced with a challenge. Look at the losses they have had not only they have had in the post season but in the regular season. They lost 2 to the wizards in the regular season, 2 to the bobcats in the regular season, 3 to the hawks in the postseason and 3. But look at their record against the better teams of the league. Swept San Antonio, Swept Dallas, Swept LA, Swept Houston, Beat Detroit in the post season and won the season series in the regular season. This team has always come up big when the spotlight has been on them and the pressure is there. Im not making excuses for their struggles with Atlanta and Cleveland saying that they weren't motivated. Im says that when its time for them to perform they have always stepped up and played big.

3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

If lakers win it just proves that koby can do it without shaq

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

If lakers win it just proves that koby can do it without shaq

We already know Shaq can do it without Kobe.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I did think it was a little weird a New Yorker would be rooting for the Celtics. I can't believe you're even on their side!

I can't wait for tomorrow, it'll show which one of us needs to stop talking

And now I have a reason to root for the Lakers hahaha.

I can't wait for tomorrow, it'll show which one of us needs to stop talking

don't worry... no need... its already over..

lakers over the celtics in 6....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Nice game, C's definitely impressed me, especially in the last 20 minutes in the game. I can now see this series close, and not a blowout like I predicted

Still can't say I see them winning it all, but winning on Sunday and winning on the road would definitely shut me up.

See why did everyone write off the celtics like they did? It amazed me and now the better team is showing what they can do. So mad too almost had tickets to the game!!! All in all it was a great game by the C's. And forgot to post my prediction earlier so ill do it now C's in 6.

Celtics in 6

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I too was very impressed by the celtics in these finals. I didn't believe they had what it took to win on the road but boy was I wrong. This series should actually be over right now. They should have won gm 3 as well but now i see them taking it back to boston and winning it front of their home crowd in gm 6. I would like to see the 1st team come back from a 3-1 deficit but i dont think the lakers would be able to win 2 must win games in boston. But lets hope they come close if not other than boston fans this series wouldn't have lived up to the hype.

Note: This thread is 5803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!