IGNORED

Watches

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am a Watch addict. I've purchased a lot of watches over the years, and my current omega seamaster is the best, I gotta tell ya, the watch merits the price tag, it is very resistant to abuse, all the other watches (seiko, citizen) the bezel and crystals scratch real easy, my omega is scratchless. Im not sure Id spend that kind of dough for an oakly timepiece, you can have an omega at that price (used) check out "time zone" forums, they have a marketplace section with a lot to chose!!!

This golf watch by suunto is very cool. It is way too big for me, but definitely sounds functional if you are an avid golfer. It does everything!

+1 on the Suunto,I have on with the heart rate monitor(that I dont use,LOL) and love it!I saw that one for golf and thinking of getting one...

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

Movado for me, I like how they look.

And to the teenager comment - Lots of teens wear watches here as I do, just gotta get one to fit your style

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

I wouldn't consider myself a watch nut, but I have 3 favorites I wear based on what I am doing.
- My daily work and dress watch is a 2007 model (the year they came out with the full link watch band) 18K Rolex Datejust with diamond hour markers; this is jewelry and an investment,
- My non-water sports outdoor watch is a Seiko Titanium with a black face (weighs almost nothing - great for golf),
- My watersports watch is a Seiko Scuba Divers watch with a SS band (made like an older Datejust band) instead of the rubber that comes stock.

Its a wonder that anyone wears a watch anymore as everyone seems to have a cellphone and mine always displays the time and date on the start up screen.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Alright guys, ive always had watches in the 300- 1200 dollar range. But last night I went into Ben Bridge and saw the Rolex GMT with the steel band. Im thinking of picking this up by the end of summer. Whats the process of buying one? Are their better shops to buy them at, as oppsed to the mall? How do you run this by the lady? This will be my first Rolex.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

I don't wear one, because I'm only 15 and that isn't the teenage style. I just use my phone for the time.

Hehehe, I'm much older than you and I have never worn a watch; I just can't stand them.

As well, due to my job it would be absolutely annoying to take it of every two minutes and every time I have to scrub in a procedure. I always look at the time in my cell phone as well.

I have a Seiko titanium kinetic that I wear so rarely I have to set the time almost every time I put it on. As lightweight as it is, the titanium band still annoys me. Most of the time I just check my cell phone. I've been thinking of getting something with a nylon velcro strap. I'd love to get a MTM Pro Ops Black Hawk , but they cost more than I'm willing to spend right now.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Alright guys, ive always had watches in the 300- 1200 dollar range. But last night I went into Ben Bridge and saw the Rolex GMT with the steel band. Im thinking of picking this up by the end of summer. Whats the process of buying one? Are their better shops to buy them at, as oppsed to the mall? How do you run this by the lady? This will be my first Rolex.

Find an authorized dealer and talk to them. Buy the shop first (meaning, find a dealer who treats you like they want your business), then buy the watch. Don't feel bashful asking for a discount. Some refuse and only sell at straight list, but it never hurts to ask. Maybe see if they'll throw in the first service or something.

A Rolex GMT Master II (the full name of the watch you're looking at) is a fine timepiece that will last far beyond your lifetime if taken care of. Enjoy!

Oh, and I meant to give you a little history on your choice:

Pan American Airways (PanAm) asked Rolex to develop the GMT Master for their pilots to help them stay on time (the GMT hand is typically not adjusted when changing timezones, rather left on Greenwich Mean Time) during overseas travel. Rolex obliged and PanAm bought one for each of their pilots. Nice gift, eh?

The GMT Master was also on the right wrist of famed Apollo XIII pilot Jack Swigert (his NASA-issued Omega Speedmaster Professional was on his left) while piloting the crippled spaceship back to Earth.

The GMT Master II is the updated version of this watch.

Thanks for the tips and the history of the watch. Its pretty cool that these watches all served a purpose at one time.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

I wear Fossil as well. I am with you, I cannot see myself spending that much money for a watch that is not going to be glued to me and keep if from getting beat around.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

My Sinn is almost impossible to scratch. The watch is tegimented (a special process which makes the surface incredibly hard). I wear it every day while working on helicopters and often have my arm wrapped around turbine enges, reaching to the back of the avionics rack, etc. with the watch banging against all kinds of things. I have been wearing it through the roughest abuse for over a year and it looks absolutely brand new - no exaggerations. I realize that wearing a G-Shock or Fossil makes much more sense to people that don't have a fascination with watches like I do but I get a lot of satisfaction in looking at my wrist and knowing that I'm wearing a high-quality, high-technology automatic timepiece. The way I look at it is, if you own a high-end car, you still only get to drive it a couple of times a day. If you own a high-end watch, you can wear and enjoy it 24/7 (and it costs a lot less than a nice car!)

Some of us do watches

Yeah, talk about expensive.

I wear a Hamilton Khaki X-wind automatic on a daily basis. I'd love to have a Sinn U2 and Speedmaster Michael Schumi edition. As far as a car addiction. I have a 06 Lotus Elise for my weekend track car. Also have a 93 Miata Limited Edition for my daily driver.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

I drive an '01 Audi S4 Avant with a bunch of mods.. And I have a Triumph 675 trackbike. My username comes from the license plate on my other car which is at my mom's house in San Diego... I only get to drive it once a year now when I go home to visit. QWKDTSN = Quick Datsun, it's a '71 240Z with a Chevy 350 conversion I did a few years back.

Well, in addition to my watch list I poted earlier, I've got a Boxster S, an old '72 911T, just got rid of a BMW 328i and I'm looking closely at buying my buddy's '67 912. Yes, I think I have a problem. lol

Oh ho, so it's watches AND cars now eh?

I love my Breitling - as an engineer I'm fascinated by the automatic movement and its aeronautical heritage, plus it's real purty. Yeah, I admit it, it's just jewelry - if I want to know the time I can just look at my cell phone.

The racecar is a Spec Miata, and the other one is a tricked-out-yet-stock-looking M3. Unfortunately I don't have either anymore - golf is my only obsession now.

- Bill

Bill

Note: This thread is 5692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!