IGNORED

Iron Man

Maverick
Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just saw it today. I never read any of the comic books but it was a very cool movie. I think RDJ did a great job. I eagerly await the sequel. I took my 5 y/o son to it and one thing I enjoyed was there was no blood/guts/gore..pretty safe..and he enjoyed it as well..lol Not bad for a movie directed by Jon Favreau (sic).

I just saw it today. I never read any of the comic books but it was a very cool movie. I think RDJ did a great job. I eagerly await the sequel. I took my 5 y/o son to it and one thing I enjoyed was there was no blood/guts/gore..pretty safe..and he enjoyed it as well..lol Not bad for a movie directed by Jon Favreau (sic).

Very good family movie. You stayed past the credits, right?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw it the Friday after it opened. Loved it. I dug ol' shellhead comics as a kid, so I really dug some of the nods to fans in there, but also saw how accessable it could be to someone completely new to the franchise. Probably the best superhero movie I've seen!

Meh

While I agree its a good family movie, iron man was OK...not great, just OK. I guess I just don't like bob downy jr

i did like the last line in the movie tho (don't worry - i wont spoil it)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Oh, the music. I forgot to mention. Of the three May summer movies, it had the best music, but it was the first time I can remember not being superbly amazed by the music of someone associated with Hans Zimmer.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

you mean I have to sit all the way through the movie to hear what you don't want to spoil?

We could tell you here, but I don't remember if we have any approximations of spoiler tags for the boards. Something that puts it into black text black background marked spoiler, so you'd have to highlight it deliberately to see what we wrote.

-- Michael | My swing! 

This movie is really good, and I agree with the above mentioned comments, good family movie, and good ending. I think it was an overall great movie.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

We could tell you here, but I don't remember if we have any approximations of spoiler tags for the boards. Something that puts it into black text black background marked spoiler, so you'd have to highlight it deliberately to see what we wrote.

There is such a tag here...it's the [ SPOILER ] tag... e.g.:

This is hidden from view...yeah!
By the way...I enjoyed the movie as well. I did stay past the credits...but I didn't think it was worth having to sit through all of the credits to see. I guess it's just a peeve of mine that the producers make me sit through the credits to see just a little glimpse into the next movie. Why not just put it at the end!?!
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Well, it answered the question for me as to why he wasn't used in the promo.

Spoiler detailing the after-credits sequence:
Once I heard several months back that Samuel L. Jackson was cast as Nick Fury, I was super excited to see it. Then his name never appeared on anything big. I wondered, WTF?, they have SLJ but advertise Downey? In any case, it was, to me, worth it to see him talk about superheroes and Avenger Initiative.

(yes, I also wanted to test the spoiler tag!)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!