IGNORED

What ball has surprised you in a good way?

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike One-Blacks surprised me. Never thought I would give it a shot as everyone have their opinion on the One-Plats that Tiger plays.

I typically play the NXT-Tours and found the One-Blacks to be pretty good. Distance off the driver was about the same...which is the most surprising element. Iron felt like a Pro-V. Short game responsiveness was similar to the NXT.

I probably will not be switching over....yet. However...a consideration.

One that was a negative surprise was the TaylorMades. Somehow they spun too much for me...driver trajectory too high for my tastes. Probably just me.

Pinnacle Hotshots were unbelievable for me. I grabbed them at Wally World for 16 bucks for 2 dozen on clearance and was astonished at the carry and spin ability.

The plain old fashion Titleist Pro VI. I bought the expensive Nike Black and Nike One Platinum and I actually play worse with those balls. The Titleist Pro VI has great distance and spin. Overall it is my favorite ball .

TP red got the best overhall ... not much spin off the driver , straigther vs the TOUR IX... even if callaway claim the tour IX to be a longer tour ball.. the tour IX spin too much off the driver... but for sure the fell of the tour IX with the wedge and putter is UNBEATABLE...

Nike One Platinums. I had purchased almost 12 dozen on Ebay for less than 90 bucks. However, they had been sitting in my closet since October. (Long story)

I decided to finally break them out as I had been getting better. I used them my last time out and proceeded to shoot 38 over the back 9. The ball seems to die out of the sky with irons and I got good roll off my driver.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I have a dozen Bridgestone E5+ balls that I want to try before I switch to the NXT Tour as my normal ball.

I've heard too many good things about the E5+ not to give 'em a try.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have a dozen Bridgestone E5+ balls that I want to try before I switch to the NXT Tour as my normal ball.

I just went through the exact same thing. The E5 was a very good ball. Still came back to NXT Tour because of more spin and feel around the green but the E5+ did well.

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!