IGNORED

Tiger Woods 09 for the Wii

XMScott
Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought 07, it was ok... Far from a perfect representation of the game. 08 i got for the PS3. Not a fan of the analog stick but it looked better!

EA is working hard to deliver on Tiger for the Wii. Early reports that the game has 1:1 controls. Meaning what you do with the control, is accurate to what your player does on the screen. Here is a preview:
We've got some great news to report, though. EA has gone back do the drawing board with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 for Wii and the end result is a game of golf that feels both much more tailored to the Big N's platform and more polished than it ever has before. You will notice this newfound presentational finesse from the moment the game boots complete with a new interface overhauled with pointer-ready menus, and even better, enhanced in-game graphics. And when you pick up the remote to drive the ball, you're going to see Tiger's swing move at a one-to-one ratio with your own -- finally. Keep reading

So if all goes well its the Wii version this year. It will also be online. But knowing how Madden did with that it might not be worth it.

EDIT: I asked the editor of the IGN Wii channel to post a video of the game offscreen. So we can see his movements at the same time as the game. He will do it when he gets a chance.

Interesting.
I hope the graphics are better than the other Wii games. The Wii is great in terms of how you control the character in the game, but Nintendo should have come up with some more powerful hardware for that system. I find the graphics on both the Gamecube and the Wii to be very cartoony.
You cant really compare the graphics of the Wii to the PS3 or the X-Box 360.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

It's tiny; and the graphics aren't that bad considering its maybe a 1/3 of the size of a PS3 or XBOX360.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I dunno whether I want it on the PS3, XBOX, or Wii.... tough decision for me!
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

IMO, the X-Box is the best one there is right now. Its got the best selection of games to choose from, has the best graphics, Microsoft fixed the problems with the "red ring of death" and best of all, its made by an American company.
The PS3 is impressive, but there arent that many games out for it right now. The Wii is nice too, but the graphics are unimpressive.
Im not really into video games anymore, but if I were in the market for a game system; Id go for the X-Box.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yeah - I read about the new version of Tiger for the Wii and its 1:1 wiimote controls. And yes - I plan on getting a Wii just for this. The reason I was reluctant buying a Wii originally was because WiiGolf sucks but it had 1:1 controls. Tiger sucked because it didnt, but you could obviously choose more clubs, spin it differently, etc. Now - we have the best of both worlds!

Also - there are mini games in Tiger - including a golf ball juggling one (similar to that commercial with Tiger). I can just imagine the drunk pregame parties and festivities with that one!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

^^^ There is also a range cart mini game. You ride around picking up range balls. Good drunk (ok you might have to be really drunk for that one) fun.

1:1 controlls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> graphics

• 1 month later...
I can't decide whether I'm going to buy the Wii version or the Xbox 360 version. Obviously the HD graphics and Dolby Digital sound on the 360 will blow the Wii away, but 1:1 swing controls and party games might tip the scales toward the Wii for me anyway. I'll probably end up waiting to see how well the 1:1 controls actually work before deciding.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 5766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!