IGNORED

What The Favre Is Going On???

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

now if only the recievers could hold on to the ball when being tackled

True, but they werent nearly as bad about fumbling as Ahman Green was. Im so glad the Packers traded that guy! Its just a shame they let Najay Davenport go, talk about a power runner! That guy didnt really have any moves, he just ran either over or through people.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good QB's make good WR's, not the other way around. Peyton Manning made Stokely a good receiver for a year. He also made Reggie Wayne an outstanding receiver. Harrison would be good with or w/o him, but Reggie Wayne would probably be an average receiver today if it wasn't for Manning.

Most would disagree and say that Reggie Wayne is a hall of fame WR who will never make it because he is overshadowed by Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning.

The Jets' offensive line is solid. Their issue on offense has always been the fact that Chad Pennington could hurt himself cooking dinner.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Most would disagree and say that Reggie Wayne is a hall of fame WR who will never make it because he is overshadowed by Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning.

Ok, Reggie Wayne is good, but HOF is pushing it. A true HOFer doesn't get overlooked. UNLESS YOUR TALKING ABOUT FRED TAYLOR. 10,000+ rush yds, and the only people in the top 20 rushing yards of all time that have a higher yds/carry and yds/game are Barry Sanders and Jim Brown - don't you think he deserves attention? Nope. Of course not.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Wayne has HOF numbers, too. The problem is that there's 2 other offensive players on his team with outstanding HOF numbers and if they all retired today, Marvin and Peyton would get their spots immediately while Wayne would get stuck waiting for someone to look through the record books and see his numbers, not his #2 receiver status.

Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Im just waiting for Favre to throw an interception that costs them a win. Im betting that unlike here in Wisconsin, the Jets' fans arent going to be Favre-worshippers who would never boo him.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Im just waiting for Favre to throw an interception that costs them a win. Im betting that unlike here in Wisconsin, the Jets' fans arent going to be Favre-worshippers who would never boo him.

Amen to this. I'm a Jets fan and it seems that many of us believe we got the 1997 version of Brett Favre. This team has been plagued by inconsistency, bad trades and players that have made crucial mistakes at inopportune times. Now, we have a QB who is a notorious gunslinger and has made crucial mistakes at inopportune times: Philly playoff game, Giants last year, losing at home to the Falcons in the playoffs.

No disrespect to Favre but he's not what the Jets needed. They need a stud in the backfield and a shutdown corner. Favre does not address a need.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I hear ya. IMO, I think both are expecting a run at the Super Bowl and I have my doubts about that happening.
You guys can have Favre. He is too inconsistent, he makes poor decisions at the worst times and at least now the Packers can look towards the future instead of every year not knowing whether or not Favre is going to come back.
Im excited about the direction the McCarthy is taking the team. I like the idea of them becoming more of a defense-oriented team instead of being all about putting lots of points up on the board.
I know that its going to take a while for Aaron Rodgers to grow into the starting QB role, but I think he will be fine. Im sure a lot of people will be hard on him at first, but you cant expect a young QB like that to step in and fill the shoes of a hall of famer like Favre.

It astounds me that a Jets fan would prefer Chad Pennington over Brett Favre. Would you rather have a QB who is consistantly injured or a Hall of Fame, Super Bowl Champion QB who is a gunslinger with a nose for the endzone?

It astounds me that a Jets fan would prefer Chad Pennington over Brett Favre. Would you rather have a QB who is

Brett Favre is 39 years old and coming to a team that does not need him. This is like when the Mets make a move just because the Yankees do. The Giants own NY and the Jets are reacting to their SB win.

As for Pennington, yeah, he's awful. Highest completion percentage of any current QB and could have put the Jets in the AFC Championship, twice, had it not been for the kicking game. So yeah, Pennington is more than capable of taking the Jets to and deep in the playoffs. Moreover, this is the AFC and not the NFC. Pittsburgh, NE, San Diego, Indianapolis are the cream of the crop. With Favre, they're still not better than the Titans, the Browns. I call it like I see it. I'm not going to get excited about a QB who has had one great season in the last six or seven. Plus, as a true Jets fan, I've already seen this before: Boomer Esiason coming to the Jets. Another QB who had played in a SB, put up huge numbers, Pro Browler, etc. How did that end? With Glenn Foley being the most popular QB on the team.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

In 7 years, Pennington has only had 3 seasons where he played 10 or more games! He only played a whole season once (2006.) You seem to forget he's 32 years old, himself, and has never won anything.

Are you sure it was the kicking game that cost you in the playoffs in 2004 and not 0 TDs, 1 INT, and a 65.5 passer rating? Was it the kicking game in 2002's 1 TD, 2 INTs, and a 44.9 passer rating?

Favre isn't a long-term solution, but he certainly addresses a need for the Jets this season, and possibly next season. He was worth a 4th round pick just in the number of jerseys he's going to sell if he never throws a single TD. I'm not saying the Jets are a playoff team next year, but if they're going to make a run, it wasn't going to be with the arm of Pennington.

In 7 years, Pennington has only had 3 seasons where he played 10 or more games! He only played a whole season

very nicely said

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I gotta agree with Bourbon on this one. Pennington was a pretty good quarterback, but he's no hall of famer.
Favre can throw a touchdown pass any time and with the arm he has, no reciever is out of his reach. Ive seen Packers recievers literally have to sprint just to catch up with Favre's hail mary passes.
Favre does address a need, but I still dont see them winning a Super Bowl.

i got bored of this topic 2 years ago.
favre is a great quarterback, but this is ridiculous.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Are you sure it was the kicking game that cost you in the playoffs in 2004 and not 0 TDs, 1 INT, and a 65.5 passer rating? Was it the kicking game in 2002's 1 TD, 2 INTs, and a 44.9 passer rating?

Doug Brien missed two field goals, one at the end of regulation and one in OT that would have beaten the Steelers. So, yeah, the kicking game cost them.

Two, Pennington's terrible arm allowed him to be 7th amongst all active QB in yards per attempt. He's also 7th in passer rating and first in completion percentage. He may not have a howitzer but he gets the job done. Who cares about jersey sales. My team has not won a SB in almost forty years and you think we care about how many jerseys he sells? Woopty damn do. Again, this is about trading for a 39 year old QB who is not even a Top 5 QB in the conference. He's not better than Peyton, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Carson Palmer or David Garrard. We're not talking about his credentials. We're talking about right here and right now. Furthermore, he does not close the gap. The running game was not good last year and our CBs stunk, period. Those are two areas that the team did not address. If they don't make the playoffs this year, I doubt but I hope, who is to say he'll come back for another year? This is about winning and getting over the hump. Favre does not solve that issue.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Rodgers played well last night. the pick wasn't his fault. he showed poise in the pocket. but the recievers dropped balls

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Again, this is about trading for a 39 year old QB who is not even a Top 5 QB in the conference. He's not better than Peyton, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Carson Palmer or David Garrard. We're not talking about his credentials. We're talking about right here and right now.

Id say Favre is easily as good as any of those QBs. Favre is still as good as any QB in the NFL.

Brett Favre is certainly as good as Carson Palmer and David Gerrard... Palmer didn't have a good season. You can make a case for Big Ben but frankly I don't care enough to argue him into the top 3... he's definitely top 5.

I gotta agree with Bourbon on this one. Pennington was a pretty good quarterback, but he's no hall of famer.

With the arm he had.

Ink must be dry on his contract, because now his arm is tried after 3 days of practice. Go Pats!

:adams Idea A2   Cleveland Launcher Driver   Ping G10 Fairways    Cobra S2 irons

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!