IGNORED

What The Favre Is Going On???

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First we get some emotional retirement speech now he is saying he has the itch to play again.

Can't he just retire and prepare for his steroid trial like everyone else?
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First we get some emotional retirement speech now he is saying he has the itch to play again.

I'm hoping he stays at home. He went out on top.

I don't want him to end up looking foolish like Willie Mays at the end of his career. He also owes some degree of integrity to the Packers front office. It's hard enough to run a football team without the most popular player (maybe) in franchise history there to "keep you hangin' on." I don't think it's gonna happen mainly for the second reason. Hell, they already sent him his locker.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Packers are going to miss him, but they wont die without him. My prediction is that he will come back, but as a non-player member of the Packers organization.

Big Cart Bag:

R7 Quad 11.5*
200Steel 5wood 15*
Baffler Hybrid 18* R7 Draw Irons 3-AW Tour Action 56* / 60* Dual Force 990 Pro V1/x

Packers are going to miss him, but they wont die without him. My prediction is that he will come back, but as a non-player member of the Packers organization.

I like that a lot better than him playing again.

He earned a spot in the organization. I wonder what he's good at besides playing quarterback and forgetting to shave.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I questioned it when he said he was done. How can a guy have arguably the best season as a pro and then go out? He was too good last year to call it quits.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

He already did. He threw an INT to end their season. That's not going out on top.

Um look at the bigger picture, he had one of his best seasons.

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

He already did. He threw an INT to end their season. That's not going out on top.

No, that INT knocked them out of the playoffs.

The Pack went 13-3 and few people thought they were competitive pre-season. 13-3 is pretty darned good. Favre's stats: ATT 535 COM356 COM% 66.5% YDS4155 TD 28 INT 15 No, he didn't lead the league but at 89 years old he did pretty well. Oh, he's not coming back. The Packers don't want him back (if all of those interviews on ESPN mean anything).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

He needs to just go back to his retirement because after that speech he made about not wanting to play anymore and having nothing left to give to the game he shouldn't be allowed back in the league. I like the guy as a football player but this is just getting ridiculous. He made a descision and he needs to live with the descision that he made. And this is not fair at all to Aaron Rodgers who was now told that it was his team to lead and now he has to give it back up to Favre if he does comeback.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

And this is not fair at all to Aaron Rodgers who was now told that it was his team to lead and now he has to give it back up to Favre if he does comeback.

Not fair? Rodgers isn't as good as Favre, or he would have beaten him out already. The Packers should go with who gives them the best chance to win, and it's Favre. So if Favre comes back, then Rodgers should beat him out, plain and simple. Being fair has nothing to do with it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I disagree. We dont know how Rodgers is in comparison to Favre. You wouldn't be able to compare them unless you gave them equal time in the game. And i dont think that the packers are going to bench one of the best QB's in history. When Fare was playing like crap two and three years ago they were not going to bench him because he is Brett Favre. They give him the benefit of the doubt that he will pull through when he plays bad because he is who he is. Rodger's skill level has no relevence in the matter of him getting playing time. What is relevent is whether the best packers player in the last few decades is still in a uniform there, even if he is in the tail end of his career.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I personally think it would be bad if Favre came back. Obviously the man can still play, but after he made that tearful speech, it would destroy all his credability if he came back.
Not to mention that it would be a pretty rotten thing to do to both Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. All summer they have been building the team around Rodgers being the QB and telling this kid that now its his time and its his team. To rip all that away from him now would not be the right thing to do.
Then you have the rumors that Favre has said that if the Packers wont take him back that he wants to be released from his contract so that he can play elsewhere. IMO, thats a pretty big slap in the face, especially when he talks about his loyalty to the Packers.
Favre made his decision and IMO, he should honor that decision. I hate it when players play this retirement game. If you wanna play, play. If you wanna quit, quit. Dont play this yo-yo game where you dont know which was is up and whether you are coming or going.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not fair? Rodgers isn't as good as Favre, or he would have beaten him out already. The Packers should go with who gives them the best chance to win, and it's Favre. So if Favre comes back, then Rodgers should beat him out, plain and simple. Being fair has nothing to do with it.

The Packers have said they aren't interested

The Packers have said they aren't interested

I'm not surprised, given all the money they're paying Rodgers to ride the pine the last couple of years. I misjudged the loyalty factor the Packers apparently didn't feel obligated to have towards Favre. It seems they are wanting to turn the page and give the reigns to the youngster -- so be it. It will be interesting to say the least where things regarding Brett will go from here.

It will be interesting to say the least where things regarding Brett will go from here.

I have no idea why, but "Atlanta" is the first thing that popped into my head.

(I don't even know who their QB is right now. . . or their head coach for that matter.)

I have no idea why, but "Atlanta" is the first thing that popped into my head.

Didn't they draft Matt Ryan? Maybe Ryan could play behind Favre and learn for one year but what do they do when Favre wants to come back next year?

I can't imagine him wanting to play for a crappy team. Maybe Tampa Bay? Just thinking out loud here.... who is the best team who has a question mark at QB? Hmm, that might be Green Bay I don't blame the Pack for being annoyed, but I also can't see him playing for anyone else. I wonder who will retire first, Brett Favre or Aaron Rogers?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm not surprised, given all the money they're paying Rodgers to ride the pine the last couple of years. I misjudged the loyalty factor the Packers apparently didn't feel obligated to have towards Favre. It seems they are wanting to turn the page and give the reigns to the youngster -- so be it. It will be interesting to say the least where things regarding Brett will go from here.

It has nothing to do with loyalty. Favre said he was retiring, so the Packers got to work getting ready to move on without him. Now all of the sudden he changes his mind and they are supposed to drop Aaron Rodgers like a bad habit? I dont think so!

If Favre wants to come back and play for a different team, so be it. Favre is one of the best QBs ever, but he isnt a one man football team. If it were for his offensive line protecting him and great recievers catching the ball, Favre would be nothing. I have a lot of respect for the man, but all this drama is pretty ridicules.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!