IGNORED

New Nike Victory Line

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a huge Nike fan, I have a SQ 3W, am getting a SQ driver in two weeks, and after that I'm on to SV wedges. I'm sticking with my odyssey putter though.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely they have caught up. Totally agree. And to the person who said that Nike clubs are ugly, sound like crap, can't hit them well. I want to say what? I will admit my square driver makes quite the "pop" sound but hey, its an attention getter and a head turner. And after a 310 yard drive, is that a bad thing? As far as the look of the clubs, my CCi irons are gorgeous clubs. Check out the review on this here sight of those clubs.

I'm not biased at all against Nike. I just haven't liked their clubs for me. And I STARTED this thread! If you're going to make a claim that people who say the drivers/clubs sound like crap can't hit them... then look at my handicap and tell me that I can't hit the club.

I won't crush it 310, but it'll be straight, it'll be long, and it'll STILL SOUND LIKE CRAP! Their irons? ok, they're catching up. But are you going to tell me that you'd rather swing a slingshot iron compared to let's say a MX-25, an AP1, R7, etc? then you my friend are biased. Nike's done a lot for the game to bring in new golfers....revitalize the game that was losing tv appeal. they've found their niche in the game... you can't fault them for wanting to bring in the new ppl..provide clubs for them... and charge premium prices for irons...clubs... that in my OPINION aren't on the same level as other club makers. Their blades from last year felt like crap to me (IN A BLIND TEST...where I tested 15 manufacturers). that's just MY OPINION as you have yours. with their new victory line..i'm curious to see what they've come up with and what the clubs feel like...that's why I STARTED THIS THREAD
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I agree with you about a lot of the stuff you said. But you keep saying that their drivers sound like crap. They did, I agree. But I am guessing that you have not hit their current model. It sounds nothing like before. In fact my Cobra sounds far worse. I think you should either try the current stuff, or not comment on the current product. Other than that, I agree with 99% of your assesment. But their current driver sounds absolutely normal.

josh..I tried the current line...it still sounds like you're popping a champagne bottle. a high school kid got it for his bday like 2 weeks ago. i asked if he minded if I hit it....he was in love with the thing.... it sounds 100 times better than the previous year's...the improvement is unbelievable... BUT it still has a certain sound that irked me.

I have a HiBoreXl and to me..even my own driver's annoying....
Maybe i'm just wanting to swing the Tour Edge Exotics Tour Proto...b/c that's the best driver I've ever heard when hit pure.

I do love Nike gear though. their dry-fit material is awesome & when i'm in the gym, playing, ball, and on stage, 99% of the time I'm using Nike stuff... not b/c they sponsor me....but b/c I believe in them for that aspect.... I have 3 pairs of Nike Golf shoes..and I prefer the Adidas 360 Tour II to them 6 or 7 days in the week.
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Well it looks like the Nike Thread has taken off..If I am not mistaken though hasnt this "Nike Golf" debate taken place millions of times. And It usually attracts a handful of different people. There is the "I play Nike cause Tiger does, how can it be bad" guy. Then the always understanding, "Nike sucks, they bought there way into golf, If it wasnt for Tiger thed be nowhere"guy. My personaly favorite and whom I was at one point, "Nike clubs just make me look cool and hip" guy! But I have grown into "Nike has improved but I play what works for me" guy. And because I was that third guy, I learned to play with what I had. Partly because most my equipment where gifts and I am to poor to buy my own stuff lol! Bottom line is Nike has grown into a pretty respectable golf manufacture, and If I had to guess I would say they are pretty respected on the tour. So lets just agree to disagree. But I will honestly say after playin other brands equipment the only things in my bag I would change would be I would get the Ping Rapture Hybrid instead of my Nike Slingshot. I really believe nothing else out there would really improve my game to justify switching. Improve your game and any club will do what you want it to. There is no single club light years ahead of any other club out there (Top Teir Brands)

But back to purpose of the topic. I did see that Tiger was playing a VR wedge at the Open. After many searches on the web that all that has really come up. Unless anyone has any inside info I think that is about as much as your gonna get. Here is thread on here talking about the wedge.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13640

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

There is no single club light years ahead of any other club out there

Yes there is Wes. there's that Star Trak Enterprise putter. that's light years ahead of all other putters in seconds!

DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag

Yes there is Wes. there's that Star Trak Enterprise putter. that's light years ahead of all other putters in seconds!

THat is freaking priceless. Leave it to Golfsmith.

The Star Trek Enterprise Putter - Light Years Ahead in Technology!

at least when you miss you can say something like
"i'm giving you all she's got Captain"

when you blow it by the hole - "all engines full reverse"

a short putt - "impule power"

a long putt nasty downhill putt - "this putt's gonna move at warp 8"

and I'll bet when you miss a 2 footer and get mad...when you throw it...this sucker WILL FLY further than your Scotty!
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag

I love the Nike Driver, and feel it is one of the leading drivers out there.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The biggest knock against Nike is that they do not make clubs for a better player market.

they make the nike forged blades.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

they make just as many as other companies.
the pro combo tours were out, then replaced by cci(i feel like there was one before these?), then now being replaced by another combo set with blade shorts, small cavity mids, and player cavity longs.
and the blades have been around forever, and ive never hit a better blade.

all the other companies make 2 or so players irons every line. and so does nike, theyre just never as popular as others. i woulnt say that they dont make clubs for the better player
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

completely off topic since this is supposed to be a NIKE VR post..but has anyone seen pics of the new Mizuno MP-62's that are to replace the MP 60's?
I'm a Mizuno fan, but the new MP-52's that they're bringing out aren't the greatest looking club...
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag

If that's really what the VR irons are going to look like I'm going to barf, because those are awful. Maybe the blades will be a little more classic.

Also the black and red coloring is tired; I know it refers to Tiger's "Championship Attire" but seriously, don't we think Titleist pretty much has this covered?
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!