IGNORED

does ANYONE play STRICTEST rules?

Stacey_E
Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Always, that's the only way to play, unless it's just a foursome, and an opponent "gives" you a putt.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread and i thought i'd chime in.

The league i play in is a "friendly" league. That is, putts are routinely given, balls are fluffed, balls hit OB from the tee are dropped near where your ball went OB and you are hitting 3, etc.. So it's impossible to play "strictly" by the rules.

I agree that the rules are there to ensure proper play and proper scoring when that is necessary. Within a league where all the members "break" the same rules, who cares, it's for fun!!

I just play for fun. Sometimes all my 4some plays by the rules sometimes just me. It doesn't matter to me.
Bag: Ping Pioneer
Driver: Cobra Speed LD-M
3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD A3 OS
Hybrids: Adams Idea A3 OS
Irons: Adams Idea A3 OSWedges: Adams Idea A3 OSChipper: Odyssey Marxman X-Act ----------Yes I use a chipper!Putter: Odyssey Tri-BallBalls: Noodle

There is an old adage that I think describes the essence of golf:

"Play the course as you find it and the ball as it lies."

Even in casual rounds, I don't like to improve my lie and I try not to look for relief for every bad break that may be perceived as "unfair". I also like to putt out. I feel that getting used to playing this way as a matter of fact can be a mental advantage in a competition where you MUST play it as it lies and putt everything out. You are not concerned when you end up with a bare lie or in a divot and you become used to making those 2-3 foot putts that are often "gimmes."

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!