IGNORED

Good, fairly inexpensive ball?

Note: This thread is 5587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm out of balls and need to pick up some new ones, so I'm just wondering what some good, fairly inexpensive balls are since I'm trying to save up for new clubs instead of spending $50 on balls right now. Most recently I tried out the Bridgestone e6+ balls and they were alright, but I thought I'd try something different this time.

Was looking at maybe the Callaway Warbird, TaylorMade Burner and the Top Flite Freak.

Anyone ever play any of those? Feel free to offer up other suggestions as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out of balls and need to pick up some new ones, so I'm just wondering what some good, fairly inexpensive balls are since I'm trying to save up for new clubs instead of spending $50 on balls right now. Most recently I tried out the Bridgestone e6+ balls and they were alright, but I thought I'd try something different this time.

I just started playing the TaylorMade TP red, I think it's a great ball for the price. Nice feel off the putter and does'nt spin too much. Great Ball.

In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-
irons- cpr 4-pw[B]wedges[/B]- 52,56,60 cg12putter-odyssey:

Nike Juice. Love it for the price.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

gamers is a good ball. i tried it because i was forced to by a friend after loosing a bet.
but i was pleasantly surprised, its not a bad ball at all. its a 3 piece ball too.
spins well, doesnt check up or spin back like my nike one platinums, but for 1/2 the price you cant go wrong. top flite is not a company i would buy from, but now i have a change of heart. if im really pressed on cash or see a crazy water/hazard hole and dont want to lose any balls, i would probably play with the gamers.

for your game though, try callaway hx hots, top flite feel, or e6 if you slice alot

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I just started playing the TaylorMade TP red, I think it's a great ball for the price. Nice feel off the putter and does'nt spin too much. Great Ball.

I'm not sure if $40/dozen qualifies as an "inexpensive" ball... If so, you've got richer taste than me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i prefer the titleist DT line theyre very durable and have good spin..... i cant see giving $50 a dozen when these balls are just as good IMHO for $20 a dozen you cant go wrong

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

DT Carry or DT Roll. $21 a dozen.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i too use the dt carry and love it perfect flight.... and like i said above for $20 a dozen you cant go wrong

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

your handicap is 20+
you probably shouldn't be playing a ball anymore then 25 dollars
stay in the 20 dollar range please.
tp reds wont improve your game at all, plus they are 40 a dozen.
look into the topflite gamer, freak, feel. 20 a dozen
callaway hx hot 25 a dozen
e6 if u slice alot 20-25 a dozen

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Take a look at both the Precept Laddie Extreme and Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. Both are good balls, don't scuff easily, roll well on putts and can be found for less than $10/dozen.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Seeing that you're a 20+ handicapper, I would recommend the Top Flite D2 Feel. It's a great value ball at $15.99 for a box of 15. It's not as soft as the mid level balls (NXT Tour, E6+, HX Hot Bit) but it's not rock hard either like the Pinnacles/Warbird/Freak. It's a low compression ball so the ball will travel really well for players with driver swing speeds under 90mph. It has the most distance off of long irons compared to any ball I've played.

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

I'm not sure if $40/dozen qualifies as an "inexpensive" ball... If so, you've got richer taste than me.

Sports athority 24.99$ a dozen, bargin shopper.

In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-

The Titleist NXT Tour and NXT Extreme would be some other good options. The NXT Tour is softer than the DT Carry/DT Roll, but isnt quite as soft as the Pro V1, but it costs about $30 a dozen, so its a nice nice for the money.
Ive heard good things about the Nike Juice, as well as the Nike Mojo. One of the guys who works in the golf department of the local sporting goods store was telling me this past week that he plays the Juice and in his opinion, its one of the best balls for the money.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

tp reds wont improve your game at all, plus they are 40 a dozen.

Where do you guys get your balls at. Tp reds 24.99 a dz at sports authorty.

Golf course , or golf store maybe 40$ dz.
In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-

Titleist X-Outs 10$/dozen. I like the Wilson/Staff Zip and the 50s

MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 8.5* Driver
MacGregor UT2 NVG2
Taylormade VSteel 3W
Cobra IH300 3-PW
Nike SV 56* SWNike SV 50* GWOdyssey 2ball PutterTitleist Pro V1x

Where do you guys get your balls at. Tp reds 24.99 a dz at sports authorty.

I think I need to find a Sports Authority in my area, because at every sporting goods store and even at Target the premium balls (Pro V1 and Nike One Platinum/Black) all cost $40+ a dozen.

I think I need to find a Sports Authority in my area, because at every sporting goods store and even at Target the premium balls (Pro V1 and Nike One Platinum/Black) all cost $40+ a dozen.

Just don't buy clubs from SA! I got my 3W for a good deal somehow, but every club I p/u there, I look at the tag and its atleast $20 more than regular retail price.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

No worries there. Other than a Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #1, I dont see myself buying new clubs anytime soon.
Ive pretty much got my dream set right now, but I would like to upgrade to a better putter.

Note: This thread is 5587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!