IGNORED

decided i need a lob wedge

Note: This thread is 5708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have a clevelend cg-11...i like it..highly recommended

titleist vokey's seem to be the front runner for best wedges...nonetheless, i like my cleveland

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Ping Tour's wedge is nice, that's what I use...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Vokey Spin Milled. It spins like no other...
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I am also a big CG11 fan but for a guy who is a 34+ handicap like yourself try and look at Cleveland's 588 RS (Recovery Sole) 60 degree wedge, a little more forgiving than their other offerings.

Kevin

In the Bag:
ADAMS XTD 10.5 (S) 46"
Mizuno F-50 4-wood NV-65
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19° & 22°
TaylorMade X-300 FCI 5-pw Rifle 6.0 +1 4upCleveland 588 RTG 52° & 56° 3 upOdyssey 2-ball LONG cut to 40"

I love my Vokey's! But there is so much personal preference in terms of wedges, depends what feels best to you. I thought that the Mizuno wedges felt great too, will probably give those a try once I retire my Vokeys.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

For you guys wanting to play a lob wedge - hope you got a lot of time to practice it

I currently have the CG12 DSG and had the CG10 before. Everytime i hit a Vokey i think damn, why didnt i bought these - for me they feel way more solid and heavy (what you want with a wedge) - so next thing i buy are Vokey wedges...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

ok so quick question. i understand the 58* or 60* angle on the club head, but what is the ball degree that i read about? something like the 58* head has a 10* ball angle or something??? im utterly confused.
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

I added a 60 degree wedge 2 years ago to go along with my 56 & 52. Best addition to my bag in a long time and hit it more than any club in the bag except driver and putter.

You can talk to a slice, but a hook doesn't listen.

In my bag:
14 clubs and some beer on ice...

You might be referring to a wedges bounce, which is the degree of loft of the sole. The images below are of wedges that have 10 and 14 degrees of bounce (images are of the Spin Milled Vokey Wedge from titleist.com) -

Most 60 degree lob wedges have a lower bounce between 4 and 14 degrees. Lower bounce is good for out of the sand, higher bounce is good for soft fairway conditions.

From Clevelandgolf.com

Low Bounce (4-9 degrees)
The Low Bounce option is an outstanding choice for shots from tight lies and firm turf conditions. The combination of less bounce and narrower sole width lowers the leading edge of the blade to promote clean contact on every shot. Perfect for players who have a shallow attack angle through impact.

Standard Bounce (10-15 degrees)
The Standard Bounce option is the best all around wedge for playability in all types of conditions for all types of players. It is very versatile for players who like to be creative around the greens. The Standard Bounce is also an excellent choice for players who like to play an open or square face out of the bunker, and who have an average to slightly steeper attack angle.

High Bounce (16+)
The High Bounce option is designed for play out of extremely soft turf conditions and bunkers. The combination of the wider flange and ample bounce angle prevent digging and create a smoother gliding action of the sole along the ground or sand. The High Bounce is an excellent choice for players with extremely steep attack angles.

In the Bag:
ADAMS XTD 10.5 (S) 46"
Mizuno F-50 4-wood NV-65
TaylorMade Rescue TP 19° & 22°
TaylorMade X-300 FCI 5-pw Rifle 6.0 +1 4upCleveland 588 RTG 52° & 56° 3 upOdyssey 2-ball LONG cut to 40"

Thx for posting this here - i always seem to be unable to find it on the cleveland site!

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I thought high bounce was better from the sand and low bounce better from a tighter lie in the fairway? but maybe im wrong

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

I know my wedges, check my bag specs. More bounce is better for sand, deep rough, thick grass, wet conditions and steep swing planes. If you hit a lot of fat shots or take a deep divot you need plenty of bounce - 8* or more. If you play tight lies, dry conditions, have a shallow swing plane and pick the ball clean with virtually no divots you need less bounce. Bounce IS forgiveness for the high handicapper.

I love the Vokey Spin Mills, I'd recomend the 60.08 for the high handicapper. But I also like my Callaway Xforged 64.09. It has a forged feel, which is softer but with slightly less feedback than the cast Vokeys.

I really need a 60* wedge!

For a 25 handicapper a 60 can be nice as you see the potenial loft it can get, but i've survived without it for all my golf years and now im starting to see the light on it, the point is im not even getting one yet and all i have is a cheap 58* SW and its hurting me now. So perhaps it may help to have it early, but if your unsure of spending $$$ just gotta know you can make it without.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

I know my wedges, check my bag specs. More bounce is better for sand, deep rough, thick grass, wet conditions and steep swing planes. If you hit a lot of fat shots or take a deep divot you need plenty of bounce - 8* or more. If you play tight lies, dry conditions, have a shallow swing plane and pick the ball clean with virtually no divots you need less bounce. Bounce IS forgiveness for the high handicapper.

i am the latter. i rarely ever take a divot (unless i mess up a shot!) i always get a clean hit. so i need less bounce as in 8* or less correct?

Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

Do yourself a favor and check out www.scratchgolf.com . I played the 58* TNC grind, they have a bunch of different grinds depending on what type of player, so its not just a bounce. You can get a wedge that fits you, whether you like to only play full shots, or if you like to get tricky and lay it open for a flop or full shots.

They are pricey, but believe me...i'm never playing another wedge again (and no i'm not a paid advertiser...wish I was). If you want to spend BIG bucks, you can fully customize your wedge (logo color, placement, initials, color fill, ferrule color, degree placement, of course bounce, lie, shaft, grip, etc etc etc.) but you'll pay a good penny for that. Or you can just get the "standard" wedge in whatever specific grind your game needs. I know sandtrap had a review on them not long ago.

Softest forging, feels like butter on full shots and amazing spin around the green. I never thought I had the right technique to hit those low bounce once and check shots, but now I can do it no problem.

(by the way, if you want to have fun here is the custom studio link http://www.scratchgolf.com/studio.php )

I have the Cleveland CG14 and it is very nice, but kind of hard to used to at first because it tends to higher in the face than other wedges I have played. It also produces a good amount amount of spin on full shots and short shots around the green.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

Note: This thread is 5708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!