IGNORED

Hello from Central Illinois

Bflynn23
Note: This thread is 5684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Canton for me. I go to Pekin often. I use to hit balls at Lick Creek.

How is Lick Creek ?

I was looking for suggestions on courses to play in Peoria and Bloomington areas. I seen Lick Creek come up as one of the higher rated course in the area.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Lick Creek is in pretty nice shape. Pretty hard, fast greens, narrow fairways. They just redid the tee boxes, fairways, and green 2-3 years ago and went to bent grass. Prices are pretty good too. I think somewhere like $30-40 (greens fee and single 18 hole cart) for non pekin residents. I would recommend the course.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

• 1 month later...
Grew up across the River from Quincy, town called Canton. Bought my last set of clubs from Nan's Golf World back in 94 or 95.
Went to Pekin for work a couple years back, first time in a long time I was in a bar and it wasn't a cardinals bar. Took me a few minutes to figure out why the Cards game wasn't on and why they had no intention of changing the channel!
I currently live in METRO STL, or rather, the Il side of st louis.

Welcome

jamie

Grew up across the River from Quincy, town called Canton. Bought my last set of clubs from Nan's Golf World back in 94 or 95.

Hi Jamie, I actually live just outside canton. It is a small world!

No, I'm smarter than that. I root for a team that actually has won the world series in my lifetime! The Cardinals.

Heck. Where's the fun in rooting for a team that actually wins a World Series?

gotta root for the Cubs. They last won in 1908!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope you guys are all cub fans!

White Sox all the way

I grew up in that insignificant parcel of Illinois known as "Not Chicago." I am very familiar with the Peoria area.

Haha, I just tell everyone I'm from Chicago, it's easier. Then if they care to know more, I say the suburbs of Chicago where everything is about an hour away.

IDK, my bff Jill?

In the cart bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Woods: Tour RxIrons: 4DWedges: 4DPutter: Divine Line BladeBall: ONEFollow me on Twitter."DESTINY, sometimes it means you're just going to fall short."

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here play the Palmer course in Bloomington, The Den at Fox Creek.
Just curious what others think of the course ?

I played it recently, I started off with 3 pars on the first 4 holes and then I got caught in the "Fox Trap" [holes 5,6,7]

Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Howdy from Chicago. I was just downstate at Heritage Bluffs recently.

LOL, I suppose if your from Chicago, Joliet area feels like downstate.

But really, look at the map Joliet is not in Central IL.

Note: This thread is 5684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!