IGNORED

My collapse today and would just a picture of my stance help at all?

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh, absolutely. I was just saying that surprisingly, I've hit good shots with that terrible stance. Now that I know that's what my stance used to look like, it's ingrained in my mind, so I make sure to bend at the hips now and get a nice posture. Hopefully the rest of my swing is okay and this helps quite a bit.

yea i definitely know where you are coming from, just wanted to explain why sometimes you'll hit a solid shot and why on the next swing you might not. And regarding your grip...it looks a little improper based on what i see on your face on view. Notice the v's that your thumb and index finger make up when they are pressed together. Your right hand's v's should be pointing to your right shoulder (yours are pointing basically outside your shoulder) and your left hand's v's shoudl be pointing to essentially your right ear (yours are going up to your chin). I made a thread yesterday called something like "gripping a golf club" I highly suggest you watch that video. In my opinion, the neutral interlocking grip is the way to go.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

yea i definitely know where you are coming from, just wanted to explain why sometimes you'll hit a solid shot and why on the next swing you might not.

When you say left and right you mean my actual right hand and my actual left hand, not left and right in the picture, correct? I think I might just need to strengthen my grip a little, is that a fair assessment? Whenever I try to though, it seems like I'm gripping the club too hard and I know you're not supposed to do that.

As far as the interlocking grip goes, I used to use it, but it just got uncomfortable and I've found the overlapping is something that's a lot more comfortable and easier to work with.

When you say left and right you mean my actual right hand and my actual left hand, not left and right in the picture, correct? I think I might just need to strengthen my grip a little, is that a fair assessment? Whenever I try to though, it seems like I'm gripping the club too hard and I know you're not supposed to do that.

yes, overlapping is effective as well...and yes, i do mean your actual left and right hands.

Whether you are comfortable strengthening your grip is up to you...it really is a personal thing because it involves physiological differences between golfers. You can play from that weak hand position but it'll take more effort to square the clubface at impact. More importantly though, your hands need to be working in unison with each other...and it doesnt look like your hands are doing that. I know thats a vague statement but that video that i posted in my 'gripping the club' thread does a good job explaining how to have your hands mirror each other. If you havent watched it yet, i'd suggest that you do.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!