IGNORED

Ever want to quit?

AlCzervik
Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thats how i feel today. Sell my clubs and never play this damn game again. i had the WORST 18 holes of this season today, feels like a complete waste of money. I cant putt worth a shit, i threw my putter and it bent which i dont care because it was $20. Pounded my irons deep into the mud. I know im a complete ******* for doing this but it feels good to get it out.

anyone want to buy some clubs?

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

That's how golf is. One day you play well, the next maybe not. Keep on practicing and you'll get it.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

53 on the front 9. 59 on the back. I am awesome.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge

That was the story of my last month almost, every week I would just suck and kept getting worse to the point where I didn't want to play anymore. Then one day it just clicked, and when you hit that one perfect shot you jsut want to keep playing.

Yeah. I honestly have not been able to putt for about two weeks. I've gone back and forth between two putters...I just can't get a feel at all. I putt good for two days with one...then for another three rounds I'll putt terrible. In hope to catch 'fire' (lol) I'll go back to the other. SAME results. It's frustrating. I don't really "love" either putter, that's the problem. I'm not comfortable over either one...

That's when I've felt like I want to quit. I played a quick nine today, hit the ball awesome, but still shot a 40. I had at least three putts inside 10 feet for birdie and missed all.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

It's gotta be the shirt I was wearing. I have this one polo shirt that I always play well when i wear and today i was not wearing it. I will never wear a different shirt ever.

If i shot a 40 on 9 i would be happier than a pig in shit.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge

112 is pretty good for a 999999999 HDCP. :p

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I quit a month early last year in frustration and had a week span this year where I was going to call it quits for the year. I turned around.

You will do the same.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

112 is pretty good for a 999999999 HDCP. :p

Looks like he's not submitting his low scores. Sandbagger!!!!!

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

Relax. We all have our ups and downs. Last week I was either shanking the ball, hitting a push or hitting a slice.
I merely stepped back and looked at the fundementals, realized my grip was all wrong and now Im hitting the ball well again.
Instead of getting mad about it, look at what you are doing wrong and fix it.
I have my days where I get frustrated at this game, but I would never totally hang it up because then what would I do?
I couldnt afford to go back to racing motocross and the snowmobiling season is too short to invest a lot of time and money into that, so golf is where its at for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

yes, every round I play.

There are always a few shots that make you say... this just blows and aint worth it.

You keep on banging, and then that 1 beautiful shot happens. You reset yourself a bit and show up to play again another day.

It never hurts to take a small break when the GAME stops being fun.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Yessir. I've certainly been known to mutter the phase: "Jeez, have you EVER done this before?!!!" on occasion.

Just the nature of the beast. As soon as you start bombing drives down the middle the sand-wedge SHANKS show up!

You'll likely work through it. Put 'em down for a couple of weeks maybe?

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd been playing about 3 years, shooting 78 to 83, then one day I shoot 56 on the front 9, I thinking, what the....! It was like that for the next year or so, every couple of months, bam, no game, no driver, no irons, no putter, nothing would work for a few holes or a few games, then everythings ok. Got so bad, one day I just rode in the cart for 2 holes, I needed a time out. Not quite so bad now, but every once in a while, things just don't work right. I've got a favorite pair of boxers that I always play well in and when I know I'm going to play that day, I make sure to wear them. When they can no longer render service, I'm going to have to find a way to keep them in the game, maybe have a puttercover made with that as the liner or stuff them in the bottom of my bag so they will always be with me! .... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

I want to quit right now. I just got back from the course after shooting a 50. Last Friday I had an 83 on the same course (41 & 42). Since then I've had one 89 and a couple of rounds in the low 90s (pretty high for me). Then, today I get a bleeding 50. I can't understand it. I started out with an easy par on #1, then doubled #2 and it was all downhill from there. I let that double bogey get in my head and couldn't get my attitude right from then on. I didn't hit any real bad shots. In fact, I hit some really nice ones. Hit my driver very well. No shanks or chunks or anything like that but all of a sudden I couldn't make a putt to save my life. Kept leaving my chip shots short and 2 or 3 putting. I'm so mad right now I don't care if I ever see another golf course as long as I live.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

Weekend before last I tied my personal best ever round with a 79. Went out the next day and opened with a 44 front, oh well good practice I figured. I met a friend for the back 9 and just relaxed and enjoyed the day. By the 18th hole I had a putt for birdie and a personal best 9 of 36. From 8 feet, BOTTOM. I don't think I missed a putt from 6 feet in all day. 79,80 for the weekend and 79 was my best ever!

Next weekend 87, and a round I didn't post for fear of sandbagging. Playing partner was 50 minutes late, I was playing polo golf, driveby hitting. You know - get out, hit, get in. Some would say I should post that score, but I know I wasn't even trying and the handicap system assumes you are trying to do your best.

Thats the way golf goes. I think that's why your handicap is based on your best half of the scores. Judging by your last numbers out you should be due a very low round very soon. I'm glad to see somebody vent about it. We all have those days where "I should have stayed home and played with myself."

I did quit, for about 6 years.

It started, actually, because I got too good. "Too good" means I got my handicap down to about 10.5-11. That's when it quit being fun. Because at that point, I started *expecting* to shoot good shots and when I didn't, I would get mad at myself. I practiced voraciously, got plenty of lessons, and could never get any better than that.

The minute I quit practicing 3x a week, my handicap ballooned back up to around 15-18 and settled there. It took awhile to get accustomed to being an average golfer again after having been just a tick better than average.

Then, my Dad died.

He was the one who introduced me to the game. On top of that, two of the guys in my regular foursome got married within six months of each other, and there went golf. I had been losing interest since Dad died, anyway, and that was the excuse I needed. I quit.

I'm just now restarting. The 25 handicap is an estimate. I played nine holes a couple of weeks back and shot 50, and I don't expect to get much better.

Now I play just for those 3-5 great shots I'll hit in a given round -- mixed in with 97 others that are either just OK or go sideways into trouble.

Jess

I had that happen to me a couple of weeks ago.

I had a stretch of rounds this season where every score was between 79 and 85. Didn't matter what course I played, all my scores were about the same. This went on for months.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I had a terrible round that we didn't get to finish due to weather, but it would have been over 100. The next round was a 91 at a fairly easy course that I play every week. For whatever reason (probably just mental), I couldn't do anything. I'd hit tee shots out of bounds. If I hit the fairway, I'd mishit my approach. If I got to the green in regulation, I'd 3 putt.

I told my partner that I needed to quit for awhile. We were playing at least twice a week and I thought maybe that was too much. I spent a few days just working on my short game and trying to regroup mentally. I went out on the next round and shot an 85 at Champions Gate (fairly tough course). I've been playing much better ever since.

Apparently, as I was told, this happens to a lot of golfers. It's mostly just a mental block. It seems that just focusing on the basics and taking time to collect yourself mentally helps.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!