Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmarkmyers

Shaft flex - What is "Lite"?

5 posts in this topic

I was looking for some new clubs and found a decent deal I thought I might go for. Usually I go for regular flex but after hitting an A/Senior flex 7 wood I thought I might try a more flexible shaft. Anywho, I thought that Lite would be the same as Senior or 'A' flex, but while surfing the web I came across some shafts labled 'Regular Lite' and 'Stiff Lite'.

So, is the Nike NDS 13 degree driver I am looking at going to be 'A' or 'Senior' flex or not?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I was looking for some new clubs and found a decent deal I thought I might go for. Usually I go for regular flex but after hitting an A/Senior flex 7 wood I thought I might try a more flexible shaft. Anywho, I thought that Lite would be the same as Senior or 'A' flex, but while surfing the web I came across some shafts labled 'Regular Lite' and 'Stiff Lite'.

Lite = lighter (weight).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What exactly is the difference between Regular and Senior (A) flex? Just more flex? And would this benefit a rookie (like me) with slow swingspeed, or should I stick to regular shaft?

What exactly is the difference between Regular and Senior (A) flex? Just more flex? And would this benefit a rookie (like me) with slow swingspeed, or should I stick to regular shaft?

Senior shafts are really on the high end of flexible. I can't see many people who aren't physically disabled under the age of 50 or 60 benefitting from going to an A flex.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades