IGNORED

Anyone using lob wedge for all greenside chipping?

Note: This thread is 5733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's situational. I mostly use my 56 for ship shots. I only use my 60 for green side bunkers or elevated greens like I have at my course.
Bump and runs are situational too. How much green, break location and degree of break will determine which Iron to use.

Unlikely since I don't carry a 60° or any other LW.

I use my 50° GW for at least 90% of my greenside play, the rest with 56° SW. The percentages with the 50° might even be higher. That isn't counting shots from 50 yards and out, only close in pitches and chips.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried it but my distance control isn't that good so sometimes I land it just short or at the flag with a flop shot but I don't have enough spin to stop it so it rolls by about 5-6 feet. I think I'm going to try using my 56 from now on and playing a more conservative bump and run.

Oddly enough one day I was messing around on a practice green and tried to chip with my 60 degree. I actually caught the ball underneath and it had a small hop then checked up and went into the cup from about 6 feet away. I tried it again and discovered I was more accurate hitting shots like that than normal putting getting 4-5 shots to go in or barely lip out. I didn't take any kind of divot in the green the club just slid underneath the ball which took a hop and checked up.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Note: This thread is 5733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!