IGNORED

Michelle Wie & Q-School

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GolfChannel describes her entering Q School as a "step backward". http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select;=27249

I think it is a step forward in her (and her parents') understanding that this game isn't given to anybody.

I'd really like to start a nationwide trend where anyone who attends a LPGA event where BJ is there, heckles him. If they get kicked out, then the nest person starts up. So, BJ would never be able to attend another LPGA event to continue to screw up his daughter.

The GolfChannel describes her entering Q School as a "step backward".

Well, TGC is hardly an authoritative source for critical thinking when it comes to Wie. They had her winning the grand slam--at least they said the women's grand slam. I'm no fan of Winless, but I will give her due credit for actually qualifying for a card, or attempting to qualify if she doesn't make it. It's been clear for at least two years that the strategy of going for freebies and special treatment hasn't advanced her abilities as a golfer or an adult. Regardless of how she does, this is a step forward. Now, my cynical side demands to be heard: my guess is her sponsors pressured her into this. They can't be happy with the circus her "career" has become.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all for education. But the primary role of college to to prepare you for a job and life. She's already got that in her favor.

Unfortunately your are probably right.

But I believe education should be more focused on learning the world around you and getting you prepared to make a contribution to society. I am glad she is going to school purely to learn instead of a golf scholarship. I hope more athletes follow her lead in that aspect. It's not just about the money. Otherwise, lottery winners would be the happiest people on earth.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Anyone know whether this is going to be televised or of some way to track it on the internet?
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Anyone know whether this is going to be televised or of some way to track it on the internet?

gbk-

I haven't found any evidence of TV coverage. (booooooo!) But I'm fairly sure that lpga.com will post a live leaderboard. Maybe with Wie involved, TGC will scramble (pun intended) to cover some of the event. If not for the first round (California Sectional: Sept 16-19 - which overlaps in part with the Ryder Cup; and Florida Sectional: Sept. 30 - Oct. 3), then hopefully for the Final Qualifying Tournament on Dec. 1-7. Why a 2 month break between Sectional and Final qualifiers?

Other notables in Q-School:

Thanks for that list. I noticed another one, a bit concealed:

* Adrienne McDonald That's the married name of Adrienne Gautreaux, the fiery redhead who was eliminated early in Big Break Kaanapali. No Cirbie?

Thanks for that list. I noticed another one, a bit concealed:

Okay, I realize that I will fully deserve any crap I get for saying this, even though I honestly do not mean anything negative by it. But I can't be the only one thinking:
" Married? Man, I missed that call by a mile. "

After looking at that field for the sectional qualifying again, and all the names from The Big Break, I realized there was one missing name -- Lori Atsedes.

I wonder if she has decided to retire? During the exit interview on Big Break, she said she would give the Duramed tour one more year. I assumed that was mere emotion after being eliminated, and that she would continue beyond 2008.

Hard to believe she would skip Q School if she intended to continue playing. In fact, when she won the $5000 in the grid challenge she said, "5 thousand dollars, that's Q School."

It would be foolish to pay $4000 for one sectional qualifying opportunity in Florida later this month, when $5000 pays for entry to both sectionals.

Perhaps she is exempt to the final stage of qualifying via some type of career category, if there is such a thing. She certainly wouldn't be exempt to the finals based on her play in 2008.

Courtney Erdman -- BB IX -- will be teeing off from the same tees 20 minutes later. That would be fun to watch, too.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

MIchelle shot 70 in the 1st round of the LPGA Sectional Qualifying Tournament today and is currently in 4th place one stroke behind Leanne Bowditch, Miki Saiki & Shiho Oyama.

At this point only 55 golfers have completed the 1st round.

For updated scoring, go to this URL .

Christina Lecuyer tied for 15 at +1. Nice. I didn't think she had that in her after her Durameds scores.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Round 1 Results from notables:

• Michelle Wie (Stanford/LPGA): -2
  • Stacy Lewis (Arkansas alum): -2
  • Briana Vega (Big Break 6 & 7): -1
  • Ashley Knoll (Texas A&M; alum): +3
  • Ashley Prange (Big Break 5): +1
  • Amber Prange (Big Break 10): +6
  • Dana Bates (Big Break 9): -1
  • Bridget Dwyer (Big Break 6): +5
  • Courtney Erdman (Big Break 9): +6
  • Ashley Gomes (Big Break 6 & 7): +6
  • Anna Nordqvist (A.S.U.): -2
  • Christina Lecuyer (Big Break 9): +1
  • Ashley Rollins (Texas alum - 23rd at 2008 NCAA Nationals): +5
  • Elizabeth Stuart (Big Break 9): E
  • Perry Swenson (Texas alum - "Road Trip - Myrtle Beach"): +1
  • Jennifer Ackerson (SMU alum): -3
  • Adrienne Gautreaux McDonald (Big Break 9): +3
Scores ranged from -6 (only one player, next lowest score was -3) to +15. Two players withdrew.

FWIW only 30 players + ties (of the 164 entrants) in the Rancho Mirage Sectional Qualifying Tournament will advance to the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament in December.

After the 1st round 34 players are at even par or better.

Yeah, I guess the other course's scores hadn't been included when I posted Christina reached T-15th. Still, she's within reach if she can manage to keep it up. I'm also rooting for Stacy Lewis; glad to see she's tied with Wie.

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!